100 Allotment sheds raided in one night

• 12 Replies

David.

« on: November 15, 2007, 13:20 »

muntjac

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 13:29 »
bassards  :x .car boots gonna be busy and auction houses.i d break thier arms n legs if i caught them ,no matter what age  :x
still alive /............

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 14:37 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
bassards  :x .car boots gonna be busy and auction houses.i d break thier arms n legs if i caught them ,no matter what age  :x

To right  :evil:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

mashauk

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 16:19 »
This happened to us a few months ago, 90% of people had their spades nicked, and only their spades!  One poor person had petrol poured on his cabbages.  Apparently they do it about once a year, and we have locks on our gate!

mashauk

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 16:21 »
Forgot to say, someone at my site found a homeless person sleeping in his shed, mind you I could live in his shed it's so big and comfy (against all the rules but no-one seems to mind, it's like a blimmin home-made annex!) - but the funny thing was the guy tried to claim squatters rights...................he was shown the error of his ways the next morning :lol:

flowergirl

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 18:28 »
oh that makes me so mad  :evil: our site had 2 sheds stolen recently and i think why? were just doing this veg growing stuff for ourselves and cos we enjoy it go and nick from the council building sites that are ruining our town

mashauk

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 18:50 »
I "almost" wouldn't mind if they nicked some of my veg, I'd figure if they're that hungry they can have it, it's the wanton vandalism I can't handle, smashing pumpkins, pouring petrol over stuff, just so unnecessary, I blame it on the Mcd generation!

frazzy

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 21:16 »
thats awful sorry to here about that . i often worry about  where the tools come from on car boots . luckily we haven't had any trouble on our site for a while now but you know what its like just when you think your stuff is safe.
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.  byJohn Burroughs:

David.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 09:28 »
I thought that 3 allotment sites targeted in the same town on the same night with every single shed broken into was a bit unusual (I hope).

It was not petty theft/vandalism, but well thought out and organised - they avoided overlooked sites or those with multiple entrances to watch and knew were the most sheds were.

Where next?

gobs

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 09:33 »
E-bay needs to be supplied as well, I guess. :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

hermon

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 14:52 »
mashauk wrote
This happened to us a few months ago, 90% of people had their spades nicked,

Wasn't me!! :wink:

Green man

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 11:55 »
HI all this may be a dumb Question but ((((WHY DO THEY DO IT!!!!)))))
apart form profit for nicking said tools?
What can we do as allotment holders to try and prevent this from happening?? I did say this was a Dumb question did'nt I?
Greenman.
It's better to be over the Hill than under it!!

mashauk

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 15:34 »
In my area there are a variety of reasons for doing.

1.  Profit - easier to break into an allotment site in the middle of the night than a house, presumably although the booty is less worthwhile less chance of getting caught.  Some idiots on the site are blaming it on a minority group that live in the area, with absolutely no proof I hasten to add!

2.  There's allegedly a feud going on that no-one "openly" talks to me about because I'm new (and because I don't get involved in all the gossip and bitching that sometimes goes on!), something to do with one person emptying the water tank last year and someone else moaning, and so they're trashing his plot all the time, I don't really believe that either (but allotment holders on our site do love a good gossip!)

3.  Vandals - kids (well I say kids but obviously old enough to drive all the spades away) being kinds, inner city deprivation blah blah blah.

4.  Didn't help when PC Plod broke the lock off the allotment gate to gain access to someone's house through the site that they were raiding - didn't tell anyone that they'd done it, and didn't replace it!!  Hence the site was left unlocked all night.

xx
Lady of The Night (Night Flowering Jasmine)

Started by glynwhite on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post July 09, 2010, 23:13
by mumofstig
xx
Folklore sayings, red sky at night...etc

Started by Alex 98 on General Gardening

24 Replies
Last post May 04, 2008, 14:43
by grymalkyn
xx
Does night scented stock self seed?

Started by LivvyW on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post April 09, 2011, 20:48
by tosca100
xx
New Allotment

Started by Digger the Dog on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2018, 18:45
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 28 queries.