Question re:- Raspberry canes

• 21 Replies

Hose A

• The Acropolis?? A' divvent thinkso hinney!
Re: Question re:- Raspberry canes
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 20:51 »
Hi again, just like to keep this raspberry thread going but with a slight difference in the question, I've got a small/medium cluster of raspberry canes on my plot which have grown wild from the roots of my neighbours plot, now that most of my plot is becoming bare these stand out like a sore thumb and need a bit of cultivation, I would like to dig them up and split the canes into individuals and replant into some semblance of order, would this be possible if seperated from the parent root stock, any advice would be great.

cheers all.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 21:13 »
Hello all.
ok i am after some advice re:- raspberry canes, still been in the novice stage best place for help is here :)
ok my local homebase are doing canes 3 for £12 is this good? the variety is "glen clova" are these ok to grow? also attached a piccy of the cane is this 1 or 3 in the pot?

thanks

So back to your question YES these are good value as you get three pots worth for £12.00 and so there are nine canes for your money, because there are three in each pot  :lol: :lol: :lol:

So if t'were me I'd buy 'em.

and in fact a couple of years ago did exactly that from Homebase (different varieties) and they have done us proud  :tongue2:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

chili

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 14:48 »
Hello all.
ok i am after some advice re:- raspberry canes, still been in the novice stage best place for help is here :)
ok my local homebase are doing canes 3 for £12 is this good? the variety is "glen clova" are these ok to grow? also attached a piccy of the cane is this 1 or 3 in the pot?

thanks

So back to your question YES these are good value as you get three pots worth for £12.00 and so there are nine canes for your money, because there are three in each pot  :lol: :lol: :lol:

So if t'were me I'd buy 'em.

and in fact a couple of years ago did exactly that from Homebase (different varieties) and they have done us proud  :tongue2:

ah ha at last a reply to my question's  so in actual fact there are 3 canes per pot, can these be seperated or would you just plant as they are?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 17:56 »
They can be separated  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 19:18 »
They can be separated  :)

and indeed should be  :D :D

chili

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 12:07 »
thank you for the replies, when seperating do i just gently get the whole lot out the pot and and seperate by breaking up the pot of soil?

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 12:17 »
thank you for the replies, when seperating do i just gently get the whole lot out the pot and and seperate by breaking up the pot of soil?

Yes.  :)

They are most unlikely to have been actually grown in the pot and should fall apart when you tip them out - give the roots a good soaking for at least a few hours before planting, especially if the pots were a bit dry.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
raspberry canes question

Started by alan/gill on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 24, 2017, 13:35
by alan/gill
xx
Raspberry canes

Started by Sean on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post October 21, 2006, 12:54
by Zak the Rabbit
xx
T & M raspberry canes

Started by Rampant_Weasel on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2010, 20:58
by Rampant_Weasel
xx
Raspberry Canes

Started by ralphyboy on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 17, 2010, 14:27
by Trillium

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 29 queries.