Chrysanth cuttings

• 5 Replies

SkipRat

Chrysanth cuttings
« on: April 07, 2011, 22:38 »
Due to the extreme winter that we have just endured, I was unfortunate as many others to lose my chrysanths. Can anyone recomend any company/grower that sell cuttings I usually only take 20 or so cuttings for the house (Mrs Skiprat loves flowers in the house).
I appologise if this thread is in the wrong section.
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

Paul Plots

Re: Chrysanth cuttings
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 22:53 »
You could try Woolmans... might be too late for this year though.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

SkipRat

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 19:30 »
You could try Woolmans... might be too late for this year though.

Thanks for the reply Learner, I think you may be right about been a little late. I think I,ll have a ride around the local allotment sites in the hope one or two plot holders may have a few spare/to sell

Paul Plots

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 22:01 »
Last year I took lots of cuttings - my first time at really trying hard with them. I discovered it was pretty easy and even managed to get some to send out successful roots sitting in a jam-jar on the kitchen window sill.

Shame you aren't a lot closer.... if I have some spares you'd be more than welcome.  :)

SkipRat

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 23:14 »
Last year I took lots of cuttings - my first time at really trying hard with them. I discovered it was pretty easy and even managed to get some to send out successful roots sitting in a jam-jar on the kitchen window sill.

Shame you aren't a lot closer.... if I have some spares you'd be more than welcome.  :)

Well I had a cycle ride around all the allotment sites near me and managed to aquire some plants from a chrysanth exhibiter. Thanks for the offer of some cuttings Learner, it was much appreciated.

Paul Plots

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 00:59 »

Well I had a cycle ride around all the allotment sites near me and managed to aquire some plants from a chrysanth exhibiter. Thanks for the offer of some cuttings Learner, it was much appreciated.

I wish you success with the cuttings and thanks for the nudge.... it's high time I took some cuttings...been so busy recently the time has belted by.  ::)

xx
Chrysanth cuttings

Started by Greengirl on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post February 19, 2009, 16:33
by Greengirl
xx
chrysanth cuttings.

Started by A Reyt Tayty on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post June 16, 2013, 22:51
by A Reyt Tayty
xx
cuttings!! what next??

Started by starry on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post September 24, 2009, 15:10
by mumofstig
xx
cuttings

Started by TINTIN on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post September 24, 2009, 13:06
by tode

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 28 queries.