Cat Insurance help please

• 16 Replies

titch

Cat Insurance help please
« on: July 18, 2010, 21:59 »
I need to get my kitten some insurance (I have a new Devon Rex kitten, will try and get some pics on here soon, home pc is so slow have to use blackberry, and havnt a clue how to do pics, can just about post!!). Does anyone have reccomendations for companies that do good insurance with a sensible excess? If its easier to pm me that's fine - he came with insurance but only til end of month and want to make sure he continues to be covered. Thanks

He is the cutest little thing, and my youngest re homed rex has decided she should be his mummy - so cute
just keep breathing................

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Cat Insurance help please
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 22:38 »
I think cat insurance has come up as a topic previously, might be worth a search on the forum?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 23:47 »
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=51065.0

Hope that helps  :)

I'm with Tesco after Sainsburys messed me around (and sent a letter saying they hoped my Thorsy was better now - when sending me the cheque for his cremation costs  >:( ). Have just had a claim with Tesco and they were great when dealing with it and excess was £50.

Val H

• Head Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Family Member
    • Recipes
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 00:54 »
All of ours are with Tesco - but we've yet to have a claim! They do seem so be the most reasonable.
Val
Recipes Galore!

Hawkins

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:25 »
im with Tesco too and although the excess was more that my cat was worth they still sent me a sorry letter when they took her off the policy which I thought was really nice.
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 13:55 »
My dogs insurance is with tesco's as well  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

sloegin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 16:26 »
Sainsburys are sh**ts aren't they saying that! Mum & dad's cats with tesco no trouble also my car & house also with tesco

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 17:57 »
It was the total lack of thinking. I had raised a complaint as they took 4 months to pay out for an illness he had which went to them the same time as the cremation claim so they had to actually write the letter to deal with the complaint so it wasn't even an automated letter - the complaints handler actually wrote "We are very sorry for the problems that you encountered whilst making a claim for Thor. We enclose payment for both the original claim and for the cremation costs in the sum of £364 as well as a £50 voucher for you. We hope Thor is feeling much better now." I was fuming whilst also in floods of tears at the same time  >:( :(

Tescos were quick and efficient and the same for my neighbours who had a £1000 claim when there cat lost a back leg in an accident. I have also heard good things about PetPlan but their premiums are more pricey  :)

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 18:05 »
Don't have cats but our dogs are insured with Direct Line and I have found them great. Our Jake had to have an operations last year and the claim was dealt with really well and they covered his rehabilitation physio as well.
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

raeburg

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 18:12 »
Rosa is with Direct Line and Ollie with Sainsburys.  Sainsburys were awkward with Ollie's claim for his thyroid but paid up once the (high) excess was reached.  They did want loads of info and his medical history for the last 5 years (he's a quite old chap and I only insured him last year).

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 18:33 »
More Than for mine.    One bout of needless sillyness from them once but they did pay.

titch

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 18:45 »
Thanks everyone, think I will check out tesco, he is with pet plan at the moment, but their plan seems pricey as does their excess!!! Just got stung for a bill of £170 for blood tests for one of my other cats (have 6) and turns out the ulcer in his mouth may not heal anyway, being where it is.

daisy1990

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 18:52 »
may not suit everyone (and I accept there is a risk in this) but I have four dogs and found the costs of pet insurance exhorbitant.  We put the money we would have paid each month in a savings account and despite having two one thousand pound bills for our boxer who eats gloves and gets them stuck we are still in profit.  We also checked that our house insurance covers us if they cause any damage and if they escape and cause an accident (they never have but could be expensive if they did!)  We decided this when a previous pet was struck off for insurance having paid for 9 years as he exceeded what they would pay
Daisy
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

Wild Pony

• Experienced Member
  • God made ducks to make him laugh
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 09:51 »
The only animal insured on my place is my horse with E&L and me with BHS, but the small furry peeps aren't coz of the prices, we do what Daisy does and have a wee savings acc for them. No lost admin money and no hassle. (touching a rather large bit of wood) never had much to claim for up to now as none move off my property except the horse and between us we're good for about 5m public liability.

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 10:05 »
I've just insured by two dogs with Axa on the recommendation of some of the nursing staff at my vets.  I don't think they were on commission either!  Might be worth a look if I'm not to late with this.

xx
Pet Insurance

Started by Snap Dragon on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post February 15, 2010, 21:34
by Hawkins
xx
Pet insurance renewal

Started by Tenhens on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post April 07, 2014, 08:25
by Auntiemogs
xx
Vets fees and insurance excesses

Started by Optimistic Gardener on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post March 17, 2012, 21:17
by Dawnuss

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 29 queries.