• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: stoats!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 09:12 »
I use hills as well, excellent service and price  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Spacey

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 20:15 »
Where's your allotment Purlebat? We have an allotment on Colchester Road and I know one or two people that would deal with an unwanted visitor for you.

cathangirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 20:34 »
Purplebat and SMD,

Sorry to tell you this, but once you trap vermin, it is illegal to release it anywhere else.

cathangirl.

purplebat

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 20:45 »
Purplebat and SMD,

Sorry to tell you this, but once you trap vermin, it is illegal to release it anywhere else.

cathangirl.
oh, I didn't realise that, thank you, I just thought it would be preferable to killing it, but now I know that, it's back to plan b  :(
Spacey, I've sent you a pm
If Life gives you lemons, - Make Lemonade

dizzylizzie

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 06:37 »
hi, ive just used hill of devon, on grannieannies advice(thankyou :D). it really cheap , even for the thicker stuff. got enough to cover all my run, and the roof for just over 100quid and my run is 37ft long!, take care x

Flowerpower136

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 09:48 »
Re releasing vermin - didn't know that.

I wouldn't release a rat.  We had a bad experience with them last year, they got into the wall of the house.....  so admit to being biased against them.

But, I have released mice......... Oops!

8doubles

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 09:58 »
Releasing trapped vermin is much the same as throwing slugs and snails over the neighbours fence. Not my problem anymore its yours pal , sort of thing.
 Antisocial .

HairyBear

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 09:59 »
I bought from Hills of Devon too from a recommendation on this website. Cheap and very, very helpful (plus was delivered next day).

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 10:49 »
Purplebat and SMD,

cathangirl.

Didn't know that either I was just trying to be humane, some people don't like the idea of killing things but sometimes it's the only way! 
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

HairyBear

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 12:02 »
Wow, I didn't know it was illegal to release vermin either. 

Woops, we have a problem with mice in our house in winter and I've been driving them to a lovely village about 3 miles away. Been releasing them on the edge of woodland but there are lovely houses that way and was half hoping they'd move in with the rich-list  :tongue2:

Watch out for the green-eyed monster with humane traps in your area!

Flowerpower136

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 12:19 »
I'll order myself an ASBO immediately!

Personally wouldn't throw anything over my neighbours fence.  I throw slugs the other way into the woods. Though when the girls arrive, I'm hoping they'll do the necessary.

I too took the mice for a drive further into the countryside before releasing (confession time ....... near to the sailing club!!)  But if it's illegal, won't do it again.  Don't know why I'd go to that trouble for a mouse, but not a rat? :wacko:

On the subject, just been for a walk with the dog and skirted the village allotments to see the chucks down there (not mine), and guess what :ohmy:  4 rats, in broad daylight, bold as brass, tucking into scattered corn.  Best increase the fenn trap order before the girls arrive :(

8doubles

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 13:33 »
Its a shame we can`t train stoats to just eat the rats and leave the hens alone.
Anyone know a good stoat whisperer ?  :)

purplebat

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 17:49 »
I lied!!!
my estimation of mesh sizes is rubbish I said 3 to 4 cm, it's actually one inch mesh,  :blush: so hopefully I won't need to change it.
I had some-one look over the run today and I think we've found where it got through; I'd cut a small doorway in the side of the run so the girls could get into a grassy area, and the door was just the mesh folded back so it doesn't fit properly, enough to keep the girls in but apparently not enough to keep a stoat out, so I've made a new door and set the live trap outside it, we will see?

xx
Stoats

Started by Prod on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 20, 2013, 10:55
by Prod
xx
Stoats,weasels.

Started by arthur cooke on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 24, 2008, 20:25
by arthur cooke
xx
Stoats and Arks

Started by marygall on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 19, 2010, 00:02
by marygall
xx
stoats or weasel spotted...

Started by hennyandpenny on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 12, 2011, 06:15
by Oakdalebirds1

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 38 queries.