Raspberry advice please!

• 1 Replies

phillisa

Raspberry advice please!
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:29 »
Hi all,

I need some advice on what to do with my raspberries.  We ordered some awhile ago and they turned up yesterday (5 plants).  The only thing is, not sure what to do with them now, abit worried about planting them while the ground is still so wet (living in South Wales we have had LOTS of rain lately).  Am worried that if we plant them they will just rot.

What would you do?  I did think about potting them into some small pots and leaving them in the shed until spring.

:?

Also, is there anything in particular that I need to do regarding preparing the plot for them?

Many thanks.....needing all the good advice you can give :lol:

muntjac

Raspberry advice please!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 12:18 »
are they canes or small plants???

if canes they should be dormant now . if you can pick a dryer spot in your plot dig a hole bigger than neccasary for the full 5  , put them in it and put the soil back  firmly . rake the soil up to the stems so you have a mound around them then take some bin liners and place them around the stems on the soil to allow the rain to run off, then leave them till next years  spring then you can plant them in thier proper place bfore they start to sprout leaves . i would say about mid march,.or put them in a tub with soil and put in a cold green house or patio,, put holes in the tub  :) to put them in a happy bed .dig a trench out a foot wide  wide  about a foot deep .half fill with manure / put canes in and backfill . mound the soil up around the stems . water . then look to making your support canes and wire if you wish
still alive /............

xx
Raspberry advice please

Started by Sassy Lassy on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 30, 2008, 10:58
by noshed
xx
Raspberry advice

Started by Enfield Glen on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 22, 2017, 14:18
by victoria park
xx
Raspberry advice please

Started by simpson-allen on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 03, 2012, 16:52
by John
xx
Raspberry Advice

Started by st0ne5ish on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 05, 2010, 15:02
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 32 queries.