should I move my girls to my plot?

• 4 Replies

bunch29

should I move my girls to my plot?
« on: May 14, 2009, 16:36 »
Hi again

I have a dilema I put a post on about one of my girls being really noisey and to be honest she has just got a whole lot worse. so my dilema is do I get rid of her and keep the two I have left which I dont really want to do cos I love my girls, or do I move them to my new plot which is about 10 mins away. I just dont know how fesable it is and if im being realistic or not my hubby says not. Any advice much appreciated and do any of you guys keep yours away from home?

Questions: Would once a day be enough to visit them?
                  How would I let them in and out?
                  what happens when im on hols?
                  got 2 kids, a job and study to do will I have enough time?

compostqueen

Re: should I move my girls to my plot?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 16:43 »
I have a noisy girl too so I have to be on the ball and go and shush her when she starts. It's usually alarm that gets her going, eg a pheasant or next door's cat. I have funny neighbours so have to be quick to quieten them down as I don't want complaints.

I have a plot nearby but I wouldn't keep them there as I just worry about them too much and I'd rather have them nearby to make sure they're safe from harm and just for the logistics of making them easier to look after. I can pop out as and when I need to for cleaning out, collecting eggs etc etc.  Far easier when they're down the garden  :)  It's so much easier in the mornings too and when the cold mornings arrive you won't be too keen on getting up and getting the car out to go and see to them.  Well, I know I wouldn't  :)  I think if you're busy, as that seems too be what you suggest, then moving them away won't make life easier but even harder

Gill

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 22:39 »
I've got a noisy girl (Rosie) who shouts her mouth off when I come home 'cos she wants to be let out into the garden to ravish my flower beds. If your neighbours complain just do what I do and give them an egg or two and tell them thats what all the noise was about. Beleive me they'll soon stop complaining!

bunch29

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:46 »
I gave one side some and she was fine with the noise but not to sure about the other side will have to wait and see.

Debz

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54 »
I also have one girl who is a bit mouthy but it usually heralds the arrival of an egg or an alarm.  If I am around and hear her, I will go down and that shuts her up for a wee while.  Thankfully my neighbours haven't complained.  One has said that she hears them but she is a bit of a moan about lots of things.

xx
Have to move girls, will they be ok in this heat?

Started by rileyfin on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 24, 2012, 18:16
by rileyfin
xx
To move or not to move?

Started by ness on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 21, 2008, 14:21
by Vember
xx
Who to move

Started by Craig69 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2012, 14:11
by joyfull
xx
Should I move the chooks?

Started by min200 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post November 28, 2010, 10:00
by min200

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 32 queries.