Loss of Appetite Suddenly

• 1 Replies

Timbo47

• Tim Brooks
Loss of Appetite Suddenly
« on: January 26, 2011, 20:28 »
Hi All.
         Just wondered if anyone knows why my Ex-Battery Hen, i've had almost 2 years now, has suddenly stopped eating today. Yesterday it was fine and running around, but today won't eat, though is drinking her water.  She also passed what looked like "runny yolk" .  Has not done much poop today though otherwise, but maybe not eating anything today might be that reason.  We are keeping her Indoors & warm right now.
Any Suggestions please??    Tim

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Loss of Appetite Suddenly
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42 »
Has she laid any softies? Is this what you are refering to as passing? If this is the case just check her vent that all the egg is out.
How is she today, a trick I use on my exbats is natural live yoghurt, the big problem with ex bats is they have none or very little immune system and get stomach bugs a lot if they are free ranging, it may also be she is nearing the end, I have had two that again started to go of food and be very quiet and sadly died, they have had a tough life and 2years on she has had a good innings with you.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

xx
Loss of appetite

Started by wardy on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post October 09, 2011, 23:18
by ANHBUC
xx
POL rhode rock loss of appetite

Started by JOP on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 10, 2011, 22:07
by JOP
xx
Appetite

Started by uba on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 29, 2010, 09:47
by compostqueen
xx
appetite

Started by pheobe1 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 08:59
by pheobe1

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 28 queries.