Egg Candling

• 1 Replies

StephRF

Egg Candling
« on: May 03, 2012, 13:26 »
As you guys can see I'm a newbie on here and a fairly newbie chicken keeper!  I have 6 girls and my 2 Buff Orpingtons went broody a few weeks ago so I decided to make use of them and bought some fertile eggs that arrived by post (I couldn't get any locally).  They have now been dutifully sitting on them for 15days.  I have candled them a few times and researched this subject to death - but I still don't really know what I'm doing.  I have 6 cream/brown coloured Light Sussex eggs and 6 Blue Cream Legbar eggs, they are sitting on 3 of each.  I could hardly see anything in the blue eggs, although last night I could quite clearly make out an air pocket now so I am hoping these are looking good!!  But the others don't look very promising at all, a couple have a darker 'blob' in them, but I have never seen the 'spider veins' and a couple don't really look like they have anything in them at all!!  What do I do???  I am loathe to ditch the ones I'm not sure about incase I have got it completely wrong, but at the same time I don't want eggs exploding on me (or my girls) either!!! 

Do I leave well alone for another week and see what (if any) hatch or should I make a decision and get rid of what I think are the 'bad eggs'!?!?!

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!   

kegs

Re: Egg Candling
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 13:30 »
This thread should help show what you are looking for.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=73884.0

Don't be tempted to candle too often though as the twisting and turning could damage them and bear in mind that posted eggs are notoriously unsuccessful too.  I've only used an inccubator but I'd be tempted to leave things alone until 21+ days and keep your fingers crossed.
Good luck.   ;)

xx
Egg Candling

Started by babe on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post January 09, 2008, 11:26
by babe
xx
Egg candling

Started by Xxluke11xX on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 21:39
by hillfooter
xx
Candling

Started by chuckmum on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 30, 2010, 17:57
by chuckmum
xx
Egg Candling

Started by BJ on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 23, 2007, 23:44
by muntjac

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 33 queries.