What do you think??

• 17 Replies

alfman

• Experienced Member
Bad backs
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 14:38 »
Unfortunately I'm another one of you guys with a bad back (accident and age) it must be the ultimate curse, avid gardener and back sufferer, hence my decision to go to raised beds. Hard work to put into place but much easier on the back thereafter. I've built two new ones so far this winter and with luck two more to go. I would be interested in anybody else with back problems and what they do/use to get over it in the lottie. Post me a reply and tell me about it  :( Wish I had Andy RVTRs back.

AndyRVTR

What do you think??
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 16:44 »
Yayyyy it works... Cheers Yorkie  :D

Thanks for helping me figure that one out...
The pic is the first bit of proper digging I have done on this plot.. I must say the soil is excellent... but does it need anything extra as nothing other than weeds has grown here for the past 4-5 years?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
What do you think??
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 19:24 »
Well, if weeds grow then you've got some fertility in the soil, which is always good news!

If you've got any manure or compost then bung it over the top (you'll find divided opinion as to whether you need to dig it in so I wouldn't bother!) except where you plan to grow carrots and parsnips.

Otherwise, that looks good for now.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 29 queries.