My new Machine

• 26 Replies

Snoop

Re: My new Machine
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 11:33 »
Thanks for the advice, greenhead. So if I understand right, the FG110 will break up clods, even if they are quite large (say, fist size or maybe two fists). Is that right? Or am I being overly optimistic with that?

If you were about to buy a small rotovator, would you still go with the FG110?

greenhead

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 12:28 »
Hi snoop, I would go for the heavy digging tynes the standard tynes will break up clods that are not too heavy (clay wet) but not virgin soil that has been left for some time.  What I like about the machine is that it folds down easily to fit into the back of a car and is not too heavy to lift out.

My allotment is 2 miles away so I need machinery that is light and easy to handle and that fits into a small car - the FG110 does this, if you recognise its limitations then its fine, but I would recommend the heavy digging tynes.  The ones supplied with the FG110 are not up to the task if your soil is heavy.  The Honda engine is a dream - I think Gwiz would agree too.

Lupin lurcher

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 13:22 »
Hi I ordered the Honda FG110 on Wednesday last week it was here midday Friday.  I used it on Saturday, I had already dug the plot but still had big clumps in it, I was very impressed as a 5ft 4 woman I found it very easy to handle and not too heavy to lift. Just can wait till it stops raining so I can use it again.

pumpkinpatch

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 14:24 »
Cheers for the advice just got to go and raid the bank now  :lol:
im fairly convinced with it so ill leave it till next to buy it money wise and the fact that im injured and i would be able to use it  :wub:
cheers for that anyway
PP.

Snoop

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 14:56 »
Thanks too, Lupin lurcher. Wheedle, whine, I want one now! Why can't Christmas come at Easter time? Don't answer that...

Lupin lurcher

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 12:04 »
Your welcome snoop. Maybe you can ask for money instead of easter eggs and put it towards one lol.

Caretaker

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 20:23 »
Hi All,
First I had better apologize for the delay in telling you how I got on with the FG110, so Pat and I went for a week in our caravan to Devon, first time caravaners.
Pat stopped at the lights what was red to let people cross (no van on the back) and bang, a BMW up our bum, well we made it home just and my old 4x4 went in for repair, that was 3 weeks ago and still waiting for the car to be returned, my back is a bit sore so did not venture out to the allotment until this week.
Now for the good bit, yes all go out now and buy that FG110, its great, it is not the fasted machine on earth but it dose a very good job, every thing that has been said about it is right, oh alright then there is one down fall, stones do get stuck in the tines, 3 times  to day but my allotment is a bit on the stony side, just got a bit of copper pipe and a hammer and they soon come out.
I would like to say I do not hold any grudge against the young man that has smashed up his car and I hope he is well and has had his car fixed, just like to point out to him that the middle pedal is the brake.
Pat and Reg
I'm lost without my SatNav.

Snoop

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 09:31 »
Thanks for the feedback, Caretaker. Turns out you can't buy the FG110 in Spain, but you've convinced me it's worth getting one sent over from the UK. Still cheaper than buying something not as good, and much, much cheaper than buying the next Honda model up here.

Sorry to hear about the vehicle troubles. Hope it didn't spoil your holiday. I presume the other guy's insurance is picking up the tab for the damage and injuries. Maybe they could pay for another week's holiday.

neal

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 21:35 »
Regarding Greenhead's comments about the heavy duty tynes. I have never had any
trouble with mine but just incase i do a honda part number would be welcome as my honda dealer dose not no of any but the standard items ???

Snoop

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 12:10 »
Regarding Greenhead's comments about the heavy duty tynes. I have never had any
trouble with mine but just incase i do a honda part number would be welcome as my honda dealer dose not no of any but the standard items ???

Hi Neal,

Have just sent you a personal message with a link to a company that sells Honda parts, digging tines and other accessories.

Caretaker

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 21:56 »
After one year with this machine and a lot of digging I would like to conclude this machine is still going as good as new, the stones that from time to time get stuck in the tynes I have removed the right hand end tyne and no more stuck stones.
Reg and Pat
PS still caravaning, on second van and third tow car.

Gwiz

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 06:17 »
I'm glad you're still happy with it. Money well spent! :)

xx
plucking birds with a machine

Started by muntjac on Equipment Shed

16 Replies
Last post December 19, 2006, 20:03
by muntjac
xx
where was your machine made .check here

Started by muntjac on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post January 20, 2007, 14:06
by muntjac
xx
can i put a 5 horsepower engine on a3hp machine?

Started by bigsprouts on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 28, 2007, 19:13
by jack russell

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 33 queries.