Mice damage.

• 5 Replies

JohnB47

Mice damage.
« on: April 14, 2011, 20:33 »
Some furry friends have nibbled the small beetroot seedlings, in the shed, that I forgot to cover. Some have had their only two leaves eaten clean off. Presumably they're a gonner?

Interesting that they left the tomato seedlings and onion sets alone.

My fault for having a shed full of junk.

shokkyy

• Mishka
Re: Mice damage.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 20:34 »
Watch out for any peas or sweet peas, cos they love those :)

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 20:40 »
Yes, the beetroot are goners. Get more planted asap, and hide them this time  ;)

JohnB47

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 21:30 »
Thanks.

The little racals. It's hard to hate them, really.

Dreamer@45

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 22:19 »
I don’t hate them either John especially as they add a nice bit o blood n bone to my compost heap in the form of little corpses after being squished in my happy snappers! :D

Rene

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 22:52 »
Some furry friends have nibbled the small beetroot seedlings, in the shed, that I forgot to cover. Some have had their only two leaves eaten clean off. Presumably they're a gonner?

Interesting that they left the tomato seedlings and onion sets alone.

My fault for having a shed full of junk.

same here shed full of junk i mean, got to get it sorted at the weekend.
When the farmer cuts the crops in the field between our plots and the river they come to us in the late autumn for warmth, i opened my shed door last October and gawped at this cute furry thing sat in a box of half eaten spuds i had left on the floor, with bright brown eyes just looking at me with my mouth open, aghast i realised it was a young rat! cant believe how cute it looked at first! i threw something it its directions and it disappeared through a hole at the back.
a week or so later i found 2 dead mice in the bottom of a deep box theyd got stuck in and died of the cold. while i was digging my pond out i caught sight of movement to my left thinking it was a bird, then realised it was another young rat, i had a board in my hands i had been using to jump on to flatten the bottom of the pond, i hurled it at the little darling and managed to hit it, qick as i could i jumped on the board with rat below and squished the life out of it before it could get me and left it for the owls. i disturbed a mouse that took a dive into some straw in the corner of the compost heap i was digging, i left that bit alone for a while and just turned it over tonight, no mouse now. last night i just pulled into the parking layby and saw what i thought was a bird in the hawthorn hedgerow and couldnt beleive my eyes, it was a mouse, wow i didnt realise they climbed hedgeorows but that might explain why the fatballs i put on my apple and plum trees in winter for the birds were eaten so quickly and the netting they were in ended up on the ground, i bet the little critters climbed up and robbed the birds food. now i know NOT to do that again this year.

xx
will it damage anything?

Started by bailey on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 26, 2009, 19:32
by allstars_princess
xx
More Damage!!

Started by Mark's Sussex Allotment on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 15, 2013, 13:43
by Beetroot queen
xx
Fox damage…help!!

Started by Marijke Jones on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 16, 2023, 13:22
by Marijke Jones
clip
Sun damage.

Started by Hobovore on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 30, 2019, 10:44
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.441 seconds with 31 queries.