The council

• 22 Replies

lynnie

Re: The council
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 01:28 »
I have written to the council but with no luck my poor chicken are going in the morning my little girl is heart broken and no matter what I say to the council they not budging on their decission but thanks for all the info guys

lynnie xx

hillfooter

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 09:51 »
What exactly are they saying is the reason you have to get rid of them and have they inspected your set up?  Have they not acknowledged that the Allotment Act gives you the right to keep them and what did thay say to that.  I assume you have heard officially in writing and not verbally on the telephone.

Seems to me they are simply bullying you and a trip to Citizen's advice might be worthwhile.

I just hate it when big corporate bodies like councils pick on individuals .

HF
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:57 by mumofstig »
Truth through science.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 13:39 »
I have written to the council but with no luck my poor chicken are going in the morning my little girl is heart broken and no matter what I say to the council they not budging on their decission but thanks for all the info guys

lynnie xx

Sorry Lynnie but you have every right to keep your hens and should not be bullied into getting rid of them.  What are the Council going to do if you keep them?  If they are going to evict your hens I am sure the local press would be interested that they have not taken into account the Allotment Act.  Pleople keep nuisance dogs and the Councils seem powerless against them so I would just dig my heels in.  As others have said it is not up to you to prove your hens are no problem, it is up to the Council to prove that they are!  We are all behind you.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Anndee

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 16:38 »
Don't back down to these bullies, as that is all they are. Listen to Hillfooter and ANHBUC. You must keep going for the sake of your little girl and your chicks.

cejx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 17:56 »
which council is it?
**ginger•henna•margo•matilda•hattie••5 ex-bats & betty the rescued bluebelle**

bantam novice

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 21:36 »
Hello Lynnie
I know how vulnerable councils can make you feel.  You have every right to keep your chickens; however I understand that it can be very hard to get this across and if you feel that your family home is at risk then you may feel you need to get rid of your chickens.  If you feel you would like to look at alternatives I have written down a few "stream of consciousness" thoughts.
  • Getting the local press involved may be effective.
    Is there any chance you could let your chickens go somewhere that would be prepared to let you have them back once things have been resolved with your council?
    What sanctions are the council threatening if you keep your chickens?
    Which department is issuing this letter?
    Councils have to have a complaints procedure.  You have a right to use this and throw the ball back in their court.
    If the council won't budge you have a right to go to the ombudsman.

Whatever you decide good luck and keep us posted  :)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

lynnie

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 23:48 »
Thank you for all the info my chickens have gone back to were I got them from and I was to scared to fight the council but someday I will brave up and get some more chickens xx

hillfooter

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 00:26 »
Your council seems to have acted unbelievably quickly here its a pity that all councils don't act as quickly with evictions with people are actually breaking the law never mind when they aren't.

HF

xx
Council by-laws

Started by PJM on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 14, 2007, 09:10
by babe
xx
Letter from the council

Started by mrs.ploppy on The Hen House

52 Replies
Last post June 08, 2009, 21:31
by wildwitchy
xx
How to lobby the council re chickens

Started by alipally on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 11, 2007, 22:02
by Gardening Mark
question
How many chickens can i keep at my council property

Started by uktitan on The Hen House

33 Replies
Last post May 10, 2011, 21:25
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 33 queries.