watering rose cuttings

• 2 Replies

karlooben

watering rose cuttings
« on: February 13, 2009, 20:02 »
last year i watched gardeners world and saw them take cutings from a rose bush so i thought i would try it , i did everything rite an placed the cuttings into compost but do i water them thoughout the winter .. i have done a few times since they were potted and i am sure one of them is starting to grow , will be out of the plots sunday so i can check them .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

chrissie B

Re: watering rose cuttings
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 16:07 »
i take a few cuttings from mine most years all i do is pop them straight in the ground following the advice of a TV Gardner don't remember the name but wears a bow tie and smart jacket and a foreign sounding name , anyway all he said was as we prune our roses its a shame to chuck the bits away so take  a long straight bit and push it into the ground and let nature take its course , not all will develop but some of mine did so a happy bunny i am .
Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

karlooben

Re: watering rose cuttings
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 20:34 »
i think  a couple of mine are doing something but i was so into cleaning out the grenhouse today an placing in new shelves that i  forgot to check them.lol.

the bushes i took them from are small and i need to dig them up an re plant them into large containers as i have a lot of course grass growing around the bottom of them and i dont like trying to dig it out as these bushes have thorns on them.

xx
Rose cuttings

Started by LilacSandy on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post March 01, 2013, 08:55
by LilacSandy
xx
Rose Cuttings

Started by Axe Victim on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post July 30, 2007, 13:37
by chrissie B
xx
Rose softwood cuttings

Started by rich24uk on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 17:02
by Spana
xx
Can you use rose prunings as cuttings ?

Started by garddwr on General Gardening

12 Replies
Last post March 18, 2011, 20:48
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 32 queries.