What I did on the plot today 2017

• 513 Replies

Hampshire Hog

Re: What I did on the plot today 2017
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2017, 13:54 »
Dug over a bed and sprinkled with lime. Planning to use the bed for brassicas. Emptied out an old container of chicken manure pellets and washed it out as they had become a rather smelly sludge. 🙈🙈Sowed some out of date purple sprouting broccoli in a pot at home -no issue if it doesn't germinate but seems silly to not give the seeds a chance to grow. Extracted my plastic green house from the garage I need to erect it and stop my spuds being cooked in the conservatory.

Cheers HH
Keep digging

rosiecider

• Experienced Member
  • rosiecider
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2017, 14:05 »
 :( Soil still to wet to dig so potatoes etc will have to wait in the shed , planted lettuce seeds, cucumbers, tomatoes 
 peas, broad beans, celery weeded the flower borders, sorted out the potting shed I can actually walk from one end to the other now :D... where did 8hours go!!
:D I garden therefore I am

Aled

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2017, 14:19 »
Last night with my children's help I potted up some tomato seeds.
Crossing my fingers that I can sort out some angling club business in plenty of time to get home and empty the compost bin, and put it on the veg patch before it gets dark!!
Cheers
Aled
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 14:20 by Aled »

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2017, 15:51 »
Sowing seeds in the polytunnel, celery, spinach, spring onions and coriander to start. Potatoes chitting nicely.

paulusm

« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2017, 15:55 »
Planted two rows of beetroot, two of onion sets.

snowdrops

« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2017, 16:01 »
Not done n the plot, but finally finished washing all the plant pots & finished the assembly of my new greenhouse staging & put it in position & the new shelf I bought at the same time, very posh it looks
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2017, 08:01 »
Yesterday I finished mulching the fruit, finally dismantled my ramshackle and cobbled together cage for growing greens and dug the area over.

I installed 2 new small fruit cages side by side - bought cheaply in the garden centre January sales as both were missing the netting from the boxes, then set up the framework for a slightly less shameful attempt at a greens cage in front of them. 

Flowertot

« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2017, 19:30 »
Put in the first 2 rows of potatoes  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2017, 19:43 »
In the garden, continued sorting out the now washed plant pots, cleaned the wide blow away down & installed it in the greenhouse & the small one with no cover. Then a re sort in the shed, to make it flow a bit better. I had had a wooden tool chest from my dad's workshop when I cleared it after mum died, I'd put it under the wide shelf, but I couldn't really see in it. So emptied it of all the plant pots, moved it to by the door, refilled it with labels, string, chemicals. Then I'd got a couple of self inflating kneeler, so I inflated them & now I've got somewhere to sit.

Mr Rotavator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2017, 20:04 »
Over this weekend I've done some digging, sowed first earlies and planted two blueberry bushes in an old tin bath.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 21:56 by Mr Rotavator »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2017, 20:23 »
Planted out honeyberries and a blackcurrant in my new fruit cage duo.  Planted some broad beans and a few garlics that I had growing in pots.  Dug over the remaining bits of the small plot and covered paths and some planting areas with weed membrane.  The small plot just needs strimming and weedkilling round the edges and it is set to go  :)  The big plot now beckons  :ohmy:

I also had a good tidy up of various bits I had stashed on both plots and came away with a big bag of rubbish - silly bits of netting and weed membrane that are too small to do anything with, broken bits and pieces and other tat that I was keeping for some reason  :wacko: 

snowdrops

« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2017, 20:44 »
Planted out honeyberries and a blackcurrant in my new fruit cage duo.  Planted some broad beans and a few garlics that I had growing in pots.  Dug over the remaining bits of the small plot and covered paths and some planting areas with weed membrane.  The small plot just needs strimming and weedkilling round the edges and it is set to go  :)  The big plot now beckons  :ohmy:

I also had a good tidy up of various bits I had stashed on both plots and came away with a big bag of rubbish - silly bits of netting and weed membrane that are too small to do anything with, broken bits and pieces and other tat that I was keeping for some reason  :wacko:

I know what you mean about all that tat, just why do we do it?

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2017, 20:53 »
I know what you mean about all that tat, just why do we do it?

No idea  :lol:  At home I am ruthless with clutter, but the amount of stuff I save on the plot 'in case it is useful'.  Since I didn't even remember I had half of it, I reckoned that theory was blown and finally chucked it   ::)

MustbeMad

« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2017, 09:12 »
At the weekend I managed to do a little more digging - the next two beds just need edging now😀. Picked up some slabs on freecycle to complete the main path, 'note to self': 30" x 24" x 2.5" are **** heavy!

Burnt the last lot of branches and old wood lying around - seems every plot had a bonfire yesterday!

Aled

« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2017, 09:57 »
Emptied the compost dalek and spread it over the patch. That's it! There is some serious rain on the way at the moment so I don't know when i'll be able to get stuck in next.
Cheers
Aled

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2024

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

47 Replies
Last post May 14, 2024, 10:39
by snowdrops
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2012

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

2319 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 17:30
by Plot 6B

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 45 queries.