not sure of shes sick

• 8 Replies

karlooben

not sure of shes sick
« on: February 14, 2009, 16:47 »
one of my original girls has gone all queit an it seems like shes puffing up all her feathers .  i havent noticed her eating but she seems to be drinking loads , i have checked her coup an her behind an i cant seem to find any hard lumps but i have to be honest i really dont know what i am doing its ok to read about things but soemtimes u need someone there to show u .
theres no signs of a cold an her nostrils are ok, she really just seems down in the dumps any ideas please.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Vember

Re: not sure of shes sick
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 18:34 »
Did you check her crop first thing in the morning Looby it should feel empty then. So long as she hasn't got any food in the coop.

If you could separate her then you'd be able to check the amount she's eating and also what's coming out the other end  :blush: and if she's laying :)

Sarah :)

karlooben

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 18:41 »
hi there , i couldnt feel anything hard in her coup although it looks swollen but that could just be where shes fluffed up her feathers.

i will look at seprating her tomorw an locking the others out of the small shed an she how she goes .... i have spoken to ppl i know that have kept birds but none of them know anything about egg bound.
but i have read that u can soak them in warm water to help them relax .shes one of the girls i should not of picked up from the rescue centre when i got my girls so maybe shes an old bird anyway the other tame one i got that was the same as her died recently .

p.s i saw a post after i did this one that is very similar in future i will check other posts first  :lol: :lol:  what i need is someone who really knows their stuff to come an talk to me an show me whats what , if someone shows me things i never forget.

Vember

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 18:54 »
Sour crop as far as I know wouldn't feel hard more squidgy ???
So have a good feel :D

Might be worth having a read through this Looby the bit about crop problems is at the bottom of Aunt Sally's first post.
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=4345.0

When Crumb was egg bound I could feel the egg when stroking her (sounds rude - but you know what I mean :lol: ) between her legs. I got a small baby bunny feeding bottle, made the hole in the teet a bit bigger filled it with oil and then gave her a good squirt up the botty  :ohmy: That did the trick for me, well her really :D 
Not tried the warm water method.

Just found this post not sure if it'll be any use ???

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=16574.msg207174#msg207174
Sarah :)

karlooben

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 18:58 »
lmao if mum an dad went away i could soak her in the hottub thats at the right temperture  :D :D :D.... i shall have a good feel tomorw an then ask  someone to hold her for me.

if it gets out at work that i have stuck my finger up a chicken's butt i will never hear the end of it  ,bad enough when ppl found out that i clean my horses willies pmsl :D :D

staffschicks

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 12:52 »
Just wondered how yours is getting on.  Mine is back out with the others looks OK but isn't fully involved with the speed eating contest like the others.

karlooben

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 16:21 »
she seems brigther today an was eating ok . still standing on her own thoguh but not as much as she was doing.

i have just been out there with them for half hour sitting there watching them an all seemed fine , after today though they wont be going to bed quite so early.

Hawkins

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 16:41 »
oh looby you didnt admit that you clean horses bits did you.  ::)
My lot found out that i used to do the collecting in a stud farm.  ;) if you know what I mean.
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

karlooben

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 18:23 »
i did , luckily the mick taking doesnt happen quite as much now  :blush:.

and i know just what u are talking about as i used to do the same when i worked at stud .

xx
Shes looking up =D

Started by WR1 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 23, 2009, 21:30
by WR1
xx
Geeses - Shes a he!

Started by wildwitchy on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post February 09, 2010, 15:09
by ruralczech
xx
Help...shes rattles when she breathes

Started by needssomehelp on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 16, 2011, 06:51
by needssomehelp
xx
my female thinks shes a male???

Started by lisa123 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 02, 2010, 22:29
by themagicaltoad1

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 30 queries.