That was a pretty good April!

• 3 Replies

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
That was a pretty good April!
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:25 »
Well, the boffins are telling us that April was the hottest on record and, for me, it was a pretty good month! My plot has never looked so good at this time of year before - everything is growing well, all the fruit trees are laden with (tiny) fruits and I have a tan  :) Even the frosts have not been a big problem.

Ok, we could have done with a bit more rain but, overall, it's been FAB  :)

What are your thoughts?
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: That was a pretty good April!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43 »
Yes, I could say the same, I started late because I wasn't going to plant anything as we thought we'd sold the house, but it's nice to be harvesting so early despite that, and yes, I also have a tan before going on holiday, which means, hopefully, I won't get burnt in the first couple of days.

On a really selfish note, I hope there is plenty of rain while I'm away to keep all my tomatoes etc alive. They're going to have to rough it outside and hope they survive two weeks.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:52 »
I'd always vote for sunshine rather than dull, leaden skies all the time, but it's May and June when we really need the warm sunshine (but without the threat of night frosts) to get the majority of the fast-growing tender stuff (which is still either potted up or yet to be sown) away to a flier...............
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:41 »
Everything has dried out and died, been scorched in the exceptional heat or eaten to death by aphids.

Weather like this is fine when plants are established or when you're growing things like spuds but here in my sandbox seedlings don't stand a chance its dust dry down to 6 inches,  Im having to water twice a day just to keep things alive - let alone flourish.

xx
april

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 07, 2018, 19:50
by al78
xx
april progress

Started by R66VEY on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post April 15, 2008, 09:29
by jimroden
xx
Summer fun on the plot - in April!

Started by Lottie Mary on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 23, 2011, 18:32
by arugula
xx
Leeks for April and May (next year)

Started by Snoop on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 13, 2010, 09:23
by Snoop

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 33 queries.