Broody bantum has stopped other laying !

• 3 Replies

nuggets dad

• www.eternityimages.co.uk
Broody bantum has stopped other laying !
« on: July 20, 2011, 20:20 »
We have 2 bantums and two brown hybrids . Our little Buff Bantum has been broody for a couple of weeks now .The other white bantum had just started laying a few days before the buff one went broody .Now the white one has stopped laying but is more than happy in every other way .
So can one going broody stop another from laying ?

Also i have made up a wire cage for her to go in and have been putting her in there during the day but putting her back in the coop at night , as its been rather chilly at night of late . Would she be ok on her own during the night , or should i just keep doing what i am doing and wait for it to warm up , then leave her out at night ?

Many thanks Mark
I ginger moggy, with a wonky tail , 2 Bantums , 2 Brown hens and missing my gorgeous Dobie girl , Izzy .

daisy1990

Re: Broody bantum has stopped other laying !
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 21:16 »
she may be stopping her getting in the nesting box (could she be laying elsewhere?) the second hen could also be becoming broody or she may just not be laying every day (ours often miss for days on end then start again, most hens dont lay every day) If she's otherwise well I would leave her be
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 13:08 »
Don't leave her on her own at night, they snuggle together to keep warm if it's chilly.

nuggets dad

• www.eternityimages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 19:40 »
Cheers for the replies . The non broody bantum layed again yesterday  8) .We know when she has just layed as she makes a huge racket announcing that she has just layed lol .

I think i will just leave the broody one , as she will stay out in the garden scratching around when i leave them the run of the garden .She is eating and drinking .

Thanks again , Mark

xx
hen not broody any more - but stopped laying!

Started by Daffy on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 16, 2008, 13:23
by Daffy
xx
Hen stopped laying - but not broody

Started by Jomtie on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 06, 2012, 11:11
by Prod
xx
My newly-laying pullets have suddenly stopped laying!

Started by Lindeggs on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 07:44
by New shoot
xx
Stopped laying

Started by ste23 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 12, 2011, 08:28
by Casey76

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 28 queries.