Cochin chick question

• 1 Replies

bedifferent

• Experienced Member
Cochin chick question
« on: June 03, 2008, 16:53 »
Fraggle has hatched a chick about 2 weeks ago in a fenced off area in the main chicken shed. Both she and the chick are doing well, but at what point can i allow them to mix with the other chooks - i dont what to keep her fenced off for any longer than required (i am aware that cochins take a long time to mature).

Any suggestions???
If you do things well, do them better. Be daring, be first, be different, be just.

Jellyhead

Cochin chick question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 17:39 »
Could you do it under supervision? I have a similar problem with Dusty. I let her out with 5 chicks and someone :evil:  had a go at little Gabby. Dusty is still separated and will be for another 2 weeks I reckon. I tried her out in the coop today but Toyah who was in there with her chick got really aggressive towards Dusty. Totally unnecessary cos Dusty is really sweet :(
However, much harder to look after 5 chicks than 1 and Mimi and Tiffany are coping really well outside with the others and have done since their chicks were a couple of days old :? Mind you they do have attitude :lol: which helps :wink: I think you will have to try it supervised :roll:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

xx
Question re: cochin

Started by babypoogle on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 19, 2008, 10:58
by babe
xx
cochin

Started by dennis on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post January 31, 2011, 19:54
by dennis
xx
Chick Question Please....

Started by francais on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 30, 2010, 19:16
by redmolly
xx
Chick Question

Started by princesspoultry on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 23, 2012, 16:11
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 33 queries.