Eggs in the Incy

• 2 Replies

kegs

Eggs in the Incy
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:20 »
I bought eggs from 4 different suppliers and they were all meant to arrive Wednesday.  Two lots arrived and are sitting resting.  One supplier is sending his today for arrival tomorrow (Saturday) and I've yet to hear back from the forth supplier.

So....
do I keep the eggs that have arrived and let them rest for an extra couple of days?
do I put them in and give up on the others (even though they are paid for)?
do I put the eggs I've got in the incy and add the others when they arrive?

If I go for option 3 what are the disadvantages of a staggered hatching - albeit one that's staggered by just a few days?

Advice needed please!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Eggs in the Incy
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:34 »
option 3 gives you the problem of when to stop turning the eggs - day 18, 19 or 20?
Get in touch with the other supplier and ask why the delay, the other eggs will be ok for another few days assuming they were freshly collected when posted.
Staffies are softer than you think.

splash101

Re: Eggs in the Incy
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:48 »
I've just had a smilar experience with quail eggs. i'd started off the main batch then added a couple more a couple of days later (with the turning issue in mind)
I stopped the auto turner for the main batch and carried on manually turning the later ones as i didnt think it would be a problem for the sake of a couple of days

Well it has been a right pain in the backside. Because my incuabtor has bars in it to keep the eggs in place that you remove when hatching is iminent, i'd left 1 bar in to keep the later ones in place.
Of course the quails hatched and were climbing in the bar area and getting stuck so i removed the last bar and the later eggs have been scattered around a few times so i dont hold out much hope but they are still being turned.

The reason i put the extra ones in was because i didnt think the quality of the main batch would be upto much, some of the eggs were 2 weeks old + and i wasnt sure if they were fertile (wasnt for them not trying though). Serves me right because all but 1 hatched.

(I realise quails and chickens are different) but it is a pain.

xx
first batch of duck eggs in the Incy!

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post May 23, 2016, 19:24
by Helenaj
xx
broody hen & eggs in the incy question

Started by min200 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 07:24
by min200
xx
How long can an incy be off?

9 Replies
Last post February 20, 2011, 19:54
by spider
xx
Incy Humidity for the final 3 days?

7 Replies
Last post January 05, 2011, 10:27
by min200

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 29 queries.