Ventalation

• 3 Replies

nzdunn

Ventalation
« on: May 30, 2009, 09:23 »
Is it important to give as much ventalation as possible to the hen house when you shut it up at night, or do you have to keep them warm.   My hen house is thick plastic, there isnt a floor on it so its stood on paving slabs but i have laid down chopped up bark, there nest box is raised, full of straw with newspaper underneath, sorry to all the questions but just want to be assured im doing the right thing for them.    nicky

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Ventalation
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 09:28 »
They need ventilation but not a draught, if your thick plastic is double skinned then I assume it will work like the eglus do - keeps them warm in winter and cool in summer - not got one myself (too expensive for an omlet cube) but Aunt Sally has I think so she may be able to help you more.
Staffies are softer than you think.

nzdunn

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31 »
Yeah it is the thick plastic, same stuff as the eglus i guess, there is just one hole at the top of the door and one to the side high up though, just wanted to know if that was enough.   Nickyx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 09:40 »
Nicky,
I would have thought so, I have a wooden shed but with onduline roof and my ventilation is up in the eaves. Think you just have to make sure that it isabove head height. Joy xx

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 36 queries.