Hello to everybody!

• 6 Replies

darucy

Hello to everybody!
« on: July 22, 2006, 22:38 »
Hello to everybody!
Just acquired our first allotment, at the moment the entire plot is covered in grass. So it looks like it’s going to be a tuff start. We are hoping to follow the organic path. Which has been sniggered at by most of the people adjoining us & others? So any advice & enlightenment would be greatly appreciated to help us along the way.
 :D

rugbymad40

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.activeights.co.uk
Hello to everybody!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 22:52 »
Hi Darcy,

Welcome onboard.

You are in the right place for top advice and friendly support in your pursuit.

Organic is a good start.  Time and commitement is required.

I am 90% organic, other than slug control.  Because of the abundance of slugs/Snails in our allotments pellets are required to avoid a total disappointment.

Good luck and delve deep into this site for support.  There are some fantastic articles and great people posting advice.  Make sure you talk to other holders on your plot as well.  They will have been through what you are about to enbark on and experienced advice is well taken.

Most of all enjoy your plot.  Both the time you spend on it and the time cooking and eating the produce you reap.
All the best

Rugbymad40
Enjoying the traditional ways and values of life.

Oliver

Welcome!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 22:59 »
Quote from: "rugbymad40"
Hi all, Welcome onboard. ... 90% organic, other than slug control.  Because of the abundance of slugs/Snails in our allotments pellets are required to avoid a total disappointment. Good luck and delve deep into this site for support.   ...  enjoy your plot .... the time you spend on it and the time cooking and eating the produce you reap. all the best
Fully endorsed, Oliver
Keep the plot cultivated, that's the best way to ensure its future.

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Hello to everybody!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 23:05 »
welcome... I am beginning to want a lottie of my own but alas I'll have to stick the the garden veg patch. Good bunch of people here, John has done a superb job.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Hello to everybody!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 10:03 »
Quote from: "darucy"
Hello to everybody!
Just acquired our first allotment, at the moment the entire plot is covered in grass. So it looks like it’s going to be a tuff start. We are hoping to follow the organic path. Which has been sniggered at by most of the people adjoining us & others? So any advice & enlightenment would be greatly appreciated to help us along the way.
 :D

I'm really sorry your neighbour is being like that. If you have grass all over you could just strip it up like turf and stack it upside down, cover with a tarpaulin or suchlike and it will turn into a fine loam for you after some months.
You plug on and do your own thing - half the reward is in the doing.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

kiowa

Hello to everybody!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 13:12 »
:D hello ,
Just want to say ...i wish you well with your new allotment

darucy

Hello to everybody!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 19:50 »
Just want to say hello agian & thanks to the folk that have left messages :lol:

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 37 queries.