catch up

• 2 Replies

thunderflorrie

catch up
« on: July 23, 2006, 09:18 »
Hi, I haven't even looked at the site for about three weeks, I have been busy with a new job, well I mean my first job in about three yrs. So I have had to get brain back into gear and get used to not having every day to myself. My Hubby showed me how to use ebay a few months ago, hence the job :lol:

Well any way I would like to tell you all that the allotment is going slowly, but it is still 'going' I have cleared a fairly large area, and attempted to grow french beans and beetroot, but no luck with either, I think birds may be the prob. I wondered if setting up a bird table would be a good idea, if they had free easy food would they still dig for it?
or do I go down the road of bird scarers, I like birds very much and would hate to phychologicaly damage any of them. :?

Oh yes and I must tell you that my cheese was a complete disaster, It was a recipe for easy hard cheese, supposed to be like a chedder. I think our recent weather may not have helped but the centre was not hard and smelled like rotted grass, I also think, that when it required it to be left for 12 hrs with 15lb of weight on it, this is were I failed. I could not gage the weight or get an even distribution. So I have gone back to buying it for now. I may try again in a few weeks. I will keep you all informed, or at least try to.
I'm off to make shortbread now, using my new cookie pans I got from ebay!!!!
Kind regards Thunderflorrie

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
catch up
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 09:39 »
So are you working on ebay now?  
Cheese is, like any biological process, a bit hit and miss when you start by all accounts. The nice thing is that there is always a chance of accidentally making something superb as well as awful, if that make sense.
Nice to see you back with us :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Oliver

Re: catch up - and shortbread
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 20:23 »
Quote from: "thunderflorrie"
make shortbread
He had some rosemary shortbread at some place they went to for a concert.  So she thought she would surprize him and make him a treat (she still does, after all these years being married!). Everyone says it was VERY  VERY nice. and Very easy too. I suppose you could also make lavendar shortbread in the same way? I still prefer chicken ...

Your beetroot may have been 'a flop' because the seed likes a fine drop of water. If you have not been around to water it, perhaps that is why! Her beetroot is about ping pong ball sized. Oh well.

Beans also like a lot of water, and snails don't need to be asked to eat them up.
Keep the plot cultivated, that's the best way to ensure its future.

xx
Catch 22 ...........DOH !

Started by 8doubles on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post February 27, 2011, 10:40
by 8doubles
xx
Catch Crops

Started by anniel on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 15, 2008, 09:55
by compostqueen
xx
Catch Crops

Started by alwayshopeful on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 21, 2009, 18:10
by Stripey_cat
xx
catch cropping

Started by muntjac on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 20, 2007, 00:15
by WG.

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 36 queries.