Help!!!

• 6 Replies

sianb

Help!!!
« on: July 09, 2008, 21:17 »
We have a weed growing madly in our front garden its everywhere!!! growing through the block paving and is driving me to distraction! I think its called mares tail or something like that.. I know its really hard to get rid of does anyone have any ideas????? :x
Sian

lincspoacher

Re: Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 21:30 »
Quote from: "sianb"
We have a weed growing madly in our front garden its everywhere!!! growing through the block paving and is driving me to distraction! I think its called mares tail or something like that.. I know its really hard to get rid of does anyone have any ideas????? :x

Depends if you have any other plants close by you want to stay alive.

If the answer is no, then you can spray it with Sodium Chlorate. This stuff is lethal, and it will kill every plant it gets near. Nothing will grow on soil treated with this stuff for years.

If not, then you can try Roundup, but it might take 5 applications to wipe it out.

Dont bother trying to pull it out, they say if you go to Hell and look up, the roots of Mares Tails can be seen poking down out the roof

sianb

Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 21:34 »
thanks 4 that it has been driving me mad! Knew it was a * to get rid of... are front is just block paving so no plants to kill!! Bring it on I say ill be out there tomorrow dealing with it!

peterjf

mares tail
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 18:07 »
hi there , the only way to get rid of mares tail is too squash the plat everytime it shows up , dont cut it off , squash it and then round up the little * ,

mares tail is waxy and is water proof , thats why its been aroud for 2 million years , squash it and round up is the only way , squash it and round up with in 10 minutes ,

even then it can take a full year to get rid of it , keep smiling ,

muntjac

Re: mares tail
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 23:51 »
Quote from: "peterjf"
hi there , the only way to get rid of mares tail is too squash the plat everytime it shows up , dont cut it off , squash it and then round up the little b**ger ,

mares tail is waxy and is water proof , thats why its been aroud for 2 million years , squash it and round up is the only way , squash it and round up with in 10 minutes ,

add a little washing up liquid to the round up when you mix it .. :wink:
still alive /............

blackisgreen

• Experienced Member
Help!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 22:35 »
someone told me lime area but not sure any ideas if this is correct

Space_Cowby

Re: mares tail
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 23:01 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
Quote from: "peterjf"
hi there , the only way to get rid of mares tail is too squash the plat everytime it shows up , dont cut it off , squash it and then round up the little b**ger ,

add a little washing up liquid to the round up when you mix it .. :wink:

It suggested to me to mix the weedkiller with wall paper past then it will stop on the plant a little longer.

Never tried it though

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 29 queries.