Anyone write poetry about their pets?

• 21 Replies

Growster...

Re: Anyone write poetry about their pets?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 05:50 »
CQ - why did you not share your poems with us before?? It's brilliant! Can  just imagine the "hang-dog"expression in the eyes, the look of mute resignation, and a suggestion of hope that a treat will be on the cards when this ordeal is over. Please - give us some more - there's only thee and me so far - there must be more out there, surely!

Goosers, now you've started something...

I've written a whole hour-long episode of 'Blackadder', if you're interested?

The nearest thing to pets though, is Baldrick...

compostqueen

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 11:53 »
 :D  :nowink:

Goosegirl

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 13:33 »
CQ - more please - don't be shy! Hindu Kush - so inspired, and what a lucky little boy. Growster - let's see it! Does it involve turnips? Just written another one about our Millie-Millie which involves her geneology tree of relatives whose names rhyme with hers then, at the end, you have to work out who is related to who. That, plus one or two others written recently, and the poem called "When Oliver Sprayed my Computer (a true story) may (or may not) be on the cards for publishing - watch this space!  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 17:07 »
CQ - more please - don't be shy! Hindu Kush - so inspired, and what a lucky little boy. Growster - let's see it! Does it involve turnips? Just written another one about our Millie-Millie which involves her geneology tree of relatives whose names rhyme with hers then, at the end, you have to work out who is related to who. That, plus one or two others written recently, and the poem called "When Oliver Sprayed my Computer (a true story) may (or may not) be on the cards for publishing - watch this space!  ;)

No, not turnips, but by strange coincidence, one of the characters is a certain Millie B***o...

This particular Millie may actually cause the moderators a headache, as I did write it for around about the 9.00pm watershed!

compostqueen

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 22:39 »
Funny you should say that about the computer. My dog peed into my hard drive, twice  :mad:  Jack Russell. Nuff said  :nowink:

Goosegirl

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 14:37 »
Funny you should say that about the computer. My dog peed into my hard drive, twice  :mad:  Jack Russell. Nuff said  :nowink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Naughty little Jack!
Why'd he turn his back
To spray on your computer?
Think he needs a neuter!  ::)

Goosegirl

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 15:19 »
He looked so put out about it. He sits and tucks his head down and looks up at you  :)

This is the last verse of one I wrote a while ago. Again it was for the little boy to read after school

The Hindu Kush seemed far away
we’d never make it in a day
so homeward bound, around we turned
with aching feet, our tired limbs burned
Back home towards the dreaming Spire
a chewy bone and roaring fire
CQ - want to see the whole of it, please! There's a resonance in words there, and I feel the same kind of thing. It's like I tap into something else. Sometimes it rhymes, sometimes not and doesn't need to do, but it's what comes out of me that, when done, encapsulates what I feel. As an only child, I read and read, and still do. How wonderful for you to have the possibilities of reaching some children through your poetry about ordinary everyday things they can relate to.

xx
WHAT PETS WRITE IN THEIR DIARIES.....

Started by hillfooter on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post November 07, 2009, 19:33
by arugula
xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Pets as therapy

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

49 Replies
Last post December 09, 2009, 20:35
by janet12000

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 37 queries.