Ridiculous Supermarket Policies

• 18 Replies

outmowed

Re: Ridiculous Supermarket Policies
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 23:35 »
Its about time they paid the people who work and grow bananas and other "exotics" a decent amount of money for growing them. How can they sell them for twenty odd pea, when they have travelled half way around the world, without paying a pittance for them to start with.

Sharonx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 08:14 »
The company I work for sells it's 'waste' to staff at the end of the day for 1/2 price or if there is substantial amounts then they let it go for pittance just to save chucking  it. It must be very difficult to only order in what you need for the day and ordering in very little to stop this and running out won't help the banana pickers either. They can't pay them any more for ordering less I don't get it?? If you went to a shop and they were always running out of the things you need you would simply stop going there. Consumers expect and demand to be able to get what they need when they want it and 24 hour openings would be pointless if you couldn't get simple everyday things like spuds and bananas. The wage given to workers is a totally different subject.
You will probably find that the bad weather and lack of shoppers this week will have contributed to less sales and more waste than usual. I don't work on the food section of the company but I do know that waste is a priority and something that costs the company highly and it's an area they are always trying to cut back on, but so are 'sell outs' these will get higher orders but may not necessarily sell the same pattern the following day, therefore seeing a higher amount of 'waste'. I'm sure all food retailers would follow the same principles and I really can't see any company happy about throwing out food, this is not profitable to anyone.

Beejay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 15:27 »
It is the same with plastic carrier bags! They dont care about the environment the less c/bags given away the more profit. If they did care there would be less packaging ::)
The answer lies in what you put into the ground!

Kagganz

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 18:23 »
ditto Beejay   ;)

They used to give cardboard boxes away didn't they?......seemed pretty enviromentally friendly to me ......... but they don't do that anymore,   they probably sell the boxes elsewhere and charge us for bags, all wrapped up as being 'caring for the environment'

yeah right!  :mad:

xx
Supermarket Veg

Started by stompy on Grow Your Own

44 Replies
Last post January 07, 2011, 23:22
by asd1
xx
Supermarket Leeks

Started by N.WalesIdealist on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post November 13, 2010, 16:57
by N.WalesIdealist
xx
Supermarket shallots

Started by Scribbler on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 10, 2008, 18:48
by gobs
xx
Supermarket Basil

Started by lottiegirl on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 23, 2013, 21:44
by Armleywhite

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 37 queries.