new council rule banning home made sheds and greenhouses

• 31 Replies

Growster...

Re: new council rule banning home made sheds and greenhouses
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2015, 07:16 »
Our shed was made apparently, from a discarded kitchen unit - extra large...

I still crack my head on the lintol, but with the addition of a shelf, made from a discarded table from The Scouts' hut, I can keep most stuff reasonably tidy! As we're without water on our allotments, we have to have somewhere to collect it, and of course, we all have gutters and pipes going off in all directions!

And why should a council dictate where one stores items like canes or nets, which eventually degrade when left out in the open all the time? Our parish council actually quite likes to see plots being used as 'gardens', however scruffy, but they do try and keep to the rules where long grass, weeds etc are concerned. They don't piddle about with wanting so-much cultivated etc., these days, as we don't have a waiting list!

What councils don't understand, is that a greenhouse actually ensures that someone will be down there at regular times, to open and shut it down! That does a lot for security!

cadalot

Re: new council rule banning home made sheds and greenhouses
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 07:57 »
Our rules say a shed or a greenhouse up to 8 x 6 but I managed a 6x4 shed and 6x4 greenhouse

I have a wood / bamboo racking system, then I extended a lean too on the side of the shed to keep the rain off tomatoes and a temporary grow house against the wall again to keep most of the rain off tomatoes as we suffer with blight and I was told I would never get tomatoes on the plot, so far I've been lucky and managed a good harvest before blight hits us, only because they are all under cover.

The Parks Manager is OK with it because he sees that I'm pro active and don't leave the whole plot to weed over during winter and start again from scratch each year. That would kill me! I have an infrastructure of beds and paved and wood chipped paths and the beds get covered for the winter.   

Before the shed I use a wheelie bin and Daleks to store my tools and bits and bobs.

xx
Home made hot bed

Started by bravemurphy on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post January 30, 2014, 13:04
by Goosegirl
xx
Home made cloches

Started by Kajazy on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post May 30, 2011, 16:25
by Plot18
xx
home made incubator mk2

Started by naturesparadise on Design and Construction

0 Replies
Last post June 03, 2008, 20:52
by naturesparadise
xx
Home Made Composter

Started by Riala on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post September 09, 2008, 16:44
by Browser

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 33 queries.