Going to be a frosty one tonight...

• 30 Replies

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 20:47 »
Quote from: "Sally A"
Don't joke gobs, I can see when it's going to thunder, everything has an orangey/yellowy haze to it, but no-one else seems to see it.
Me too :shock: thought I was the only one.  It's something to do with the colour of the sky and the way tv aerials seem to stand out against it.  Totally unscientific, but werks for me. :wink:
Cheese makes everything better.

Sally A

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 21:02 »
I just tend to see anything that's orange or yellow really brightens up making the rest of the landscape seem grey.  People think I'm nuts.

PS. Gobs - having an Angoves Pump shed Shiraz Cabernet 14% - only £3.99. Very palatable with a whoosh of fruitiness.

gobs

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 21:06 »
I like cheap and fruity with ... nuts and cheese and with a big glass.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Calou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 21:07 »
Quote from: "Sally A"
I just tend to see anything that's orange or yellow really brightens up making the rest of the landscape seem grey.  People think I'm nuts.

PS. Gobs - having an Angoves Pump shed Shiraz Cabernet 14% - only £3.99. Very palatable with a whoosh of fruitiness.

I see things like that to SA but usually after a couple of large Brandys lol BUT I can smell snow  :wink:
Calou
Reasonably organic but totally realistic

gobs

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 21:11 »
Welcome to the club. Can you all smell currants as well?

Sally A

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 21:12 »
I am cheap fruity and nuts.

It would choke me to pay more than a fiver for wine, choose carefully and there are loads of good uns for less than a fiver.  I tend to look for young, non-oaked fruities - normally new world, and if theres a hint of chocolate I'm sold.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 21:17 »
:roll:  it all taste's like vinegar to me
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

mushroom

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 21:19 »
Quote from: "Calou"
I can smell snow  :wink:

yeah I (think) I can smell it in the air when it's about to snow. To me, it smells almost metallic, no, how can it smell metallic, maybe it tastes (the air has a metallic taste). Maybe I'm just nuts  :shock:

Sally A

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 21:21 »
I'll go with metallic, like a sharp tinny edge. It smells like the taste you get if you bite on aluminium - please keep up or I'll get worried.

gobs

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 21:22 »
You are a soul mate, Sally. Oh brovver, definitely a non-smoky fruity one, I go for Californian and South-east Australian ones, as good ones from any part of Europe are a ****** fortune.

Can you smell currants, then, not now..........generally. :lol:

gobs

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 21:59 »
Quote from: "mushroom"
Quote from: "Calou"
I can smell snow  :wink:

yeah I (think) I can smell it in the air when it's about to snow. To me, it smells almost metallic, no, how can it smell metallic, maybe it tastes (the air has a metallic taste). Maybe I'm just nuts  :shock:

Definitely metallic end of. Cheers. :D

gobs

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 22:02 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"

Cos it's vinegar you're buying.  :wink: Now, I'm picking on you. Not really, it's difficult to buy good wine here, that is not not expensive, you gotta sample...hick.  Have a nice weekend, enjoy your toy!

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 22:06 »
Quote from: "gobs"
Quote from: "richyrich7"

Cos it's vinegar you're buying.  :wink: Now, I'm picking on you. Not really, it's difficult to buy good wine here, that is not not expensive, you gotta sample...hick.  Have a nice weekend, enjoy your toy!

You have a nice weekend too, don't drink too much that you can't post ..... :lol:

gobs

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 22:12 »
I can't drink too much, never can drink enough, I can't afford it, as I'm quite fussy to what it is. :lol:

splodger

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 23:14 »
if you are after good affordable wines - then there are loads on offer at the mo - sainsburys have a half price deal on a few good ones - i'm on a "chateau montner - cotes du roussillion villages" as i type - i must say for the money (about £4 i think) it's damn good - for a mixed grape anyway

sainsbury also have a very fine - to stash away - rioja (altivo 2001) - fo less than a fiver - great wine

and tesco have a few good deals at mo - my fav - is a half price offer on "reserve des tuguets - 2005 - madiran" fantastic wine for the money

i'm back to sainsburys on monday - before the offer finishes on the chateau montner - i've got to get some more  :wink:

xx
Carol Kline on tonight

Started by mumofstig on General Gardening

11 Replies
Last post March 16, 2009, 07:53
by Debbie D

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 36 queries.