what to do ?

• 6 Replies

littlefeat

what to do ?
« on: November 16, 2007, 20:50 »
hi all

i need some reasurance, i have a little broody bantam sat on three eggs, for the last two weeks, i candled them today and there are defo movement in them, anyway, she is outsde in a 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 foot coupe no windows, a pop hole and airvents on the side attached to a run sat on slabs, it is raised off the ground with a run attached, she has six inches of wood shavings on the floor, she seems happy enough, she comes out each day and has some treats and greens and relieves herself, she has food, water and grit in the coup, i am worried it will not be warm enough, for her and the chics should they hatch, should i put some straw in as well or a red light in, i am also going to put wood chips on the slabs

or should i bring her and the ggs into the house, i have a large indoor rabbit cage and could drape a blanket over to keep it darkish, or will she be ok outside in this setup, any advice please

littlefeat
at home with 4 cats, 1 dog, 2 rabbits, 2 rats 4 fish, 4 chickens, 2 kids and 1 hubby, i love gardening, and looking after my tribe.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
what to do ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 20:52 »
if shes still sitting tight and coming off each day for food and water, id let her be. natures a wonderful thing.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
what to do ?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 20:53 »
and a giant poop. :wink:

littlefeat

what to do ?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 20:57 »
Quote from: "happyvalley"
and a giant poop. :wink:[/quote

yes she does a humungous one every day, very very smelly, but it reasures me she is eating and drinking, etc

littlefeat

muntjac

what to do ?
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 20:59 »
yups let her be when she hatches off bring her inside into the hutch n make a run up for her :X straw on the floor of the run n hutch .no shavings please  :wink: when they hatch :wink:
still alive /............

littlefeat

what to do ?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 21:10 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
yups let her be when she hatches off bring her inside into the hutch n make a run up for her :X straw on the floor of the run n hutch .no shavings please  :wink: when they hatch :wink:

will do, thanks munty, its a large plastic cage, and ile keep her in the dining room, as this has a conservatory off it so it never gets really warm, just comfortable.

littlefeat

Jellyhead

what to do ?
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 12:25 »
My chicks are now 3 weeks old-ish. Got down to -6 last night, had 1 1/2" ice layer on ponds. The hens and chicks seem to be doing fine though. Mind you that may be something to do with the little thermals I supplied them with :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Actually I just make sure there is plenty of fresh dry straw in the coop at all times. The sun is shining and they go out foraging most of the day so the frost really isn't bothering them :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 36 queries.