GOATS!!

• 38 Replies

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
GOATS!!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 20:05 »
I think Lucyeff was refurring to accdentally being hurt by a goat's horn if a small child just happened to be in the way when the goat moved.  Not that the animal meant to hurt or even knew it had made contact  :D

Selkie

GOATS!!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 21:53 »
i've put that recipe on the veggie bit now, it was quite tasty :D

DeadlyNightshade

• Experienced Member
GOATS!!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 22:01 »
Hey Van,  you haven't any experience with goats that have never been pregnant developing an udder?

My goat is currently sucking a  calf and she never had any kids or was even near anything small and male!

Btw: she is lovely and friendly and very petty... but she's also quite strong and tries her very best to pull anyone  on the other end of the lead towards the mealshed

Bell

shaun

GOATS!!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 22:03 »
there used to be scrap yard near me and he had a billy goat instead of a gaurd dog it was the size of a donkey  :shock:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

DeadlyNightshade

• Experienced Member
GOATS!!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 22:06 »
Just thinking: we've 9 wild goats roaming the mountains in our area and destroying hedges and plantings... anyone interested? :D

Ther are very hairy though ;)

van connick

• Experienced Member
  • Location: on a mountainside in south Wales. north of Pontypridd, west of Merthyr Tydfil.
GOATS!!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 23:24 »
DeadlyNightshade

yes i have......i have what is called a maiden milker here at the minute.....she has never kidded, is tow years old, and producing milk. not much, but there is milk there.

no thAnks, you can keep your ferral goats...fofl...

some breeds of goats, are bigger then others, but to have a buck ' the size of a donkey' well, what can i say, except small donkey perhaps....fofl....
the breed i keep get very heavy, tho not very tall, infact bucks can reach in excess of 200k and does 150k.

muntjac

GOATS!!
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 08:02 »
Quote from: "van connick"
DeadlyNightshade

yes i have......i have what is called a maiden milker here at the minute.....she has never kidded, is tow years old, and producing milk. not much, but there is milk there.

some breeds of goats, are bigger then others, but to have a buck ' the size of a donkey' well, what can i say, except small donkey perhaps....fofl....
the breed i keep get very heavy, tho not very tall, infact bucks can reach in excess of 200k and does 150k.

n taste grrrrrreat  :wink:
still alive /............

babe

• elvis king of chooks
GOATS!!
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 09:22 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
Quote from: "van connick"
DeadlyNightshade

n taste grrrrrreat  :wink:

is there anything you wont eat munty?? :wink:  perhaps  we should send to the celebrity jungle ha ha

muntjac

GOATS!!
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 09:25 »
goat meats a staple diet food in loads  countries happy .i had 2 goats 2 big billys n a junior to do a couple years back ,, * they was .got me back fer eating em tho ,,, cut me blooming thumb open lmao :lol: tastes like mid venison if eaten fresh  :wink:  dont let it hang to long tho  :wink:

and no there isnt ,, as fer celeb jungle ,,,,,, them is snacks  :lol:  :lol:

babe

• elvis king of chooks
GOATS!!
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 09:30 »
a kangaroo willy is a snak :shock:  lmao :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

muntjac

GOATS!!
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 09:36 »
welll oks its a mouthful but a snack all the same .. one thing i nearly turned down was  gecko .it had been fermented in liquer of some sort .smelt like those egg bombs  god it was clearing the hairs from my armpits amongst other places .they woman just reached in took one out n juist chewed it tail end  off like eating candy .........offered me one ,impolite to refuse :mrgreen:  .i shook the liquer off as she did ,n took a bite ,it was like the sweetest  sugar as you ever tasted (  the juice stuff in had been in ).then it was seriosly like eating an over ripe peach ............ :wink:

van connick

• Experienced Member
  • Location: on a mountainside in south Wales. north of Pontypridd, west of Merthyr Tydfil.
GOATS!!
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 11:34 »
tastes like mid venison if eaten fresh  dont let it hang to long tho  

yep, very tasty meat, but is should hang for about a week before eating. this is done at the abattior for us. it should really taste like lamb, but without the greasy after taste. it is a fantastic meat and very good for you, on a level par with chicken as far as nutrition goes.

believe it or not, goat meat is the most eaten meat throughout the world !

muntjac

GOATS!!
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 11:57 »
Quote from: "happyvalley"
a kangaroo willy is a snak :shock:  lmao :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

a kangaroo willy ,,,,,,, is a penis from  a kangaroo ..... and eaten  :lol:  :lol:

van connick

• Experienced Member
GOATS!!
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 07:21 »
so are you saying they should not have goats, just kangaroos?...fofl

Peverill4

golden guernseies
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 08:56 »
I had 2 Golden Guernsies from 10 days old good with the kids which were bout 4 or 5 at the time not too big and great milk too. mine were maiden milkers so I didn't have to put them to stud which was great, no unwanted babies

xx
Goats - Anyone keep them?

Started by Charlwood1005 on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 20:40
by wighty
xx
Mediumground Oatmeal - is this OK for chicks/ducks/goats

Started by james419 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 11, 2007, 16:41
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 36 queries.