Are you Crafty ??

• 1184 Replies

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #570 on: February 08, 2014, 19:05 »
I'm making 30 night and 30 day as we type! :D

Oh no! My 20 day and 10 evening were more than enough thanks :D

My bouquet is handmade paper flowers which I can do but am very slow at so have ordered it through a fb 'business'. I am so excited about seeing them! I'm starting to plan my table settings/decorations etc now to all tie in

chrissie B

« Reply #571 on: February 08, 2014, 19:55 »
they are nice , how many do you have to make
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #572 on: February 08, 2014, 20:09 »
Wow there is some seriously awesome crafty people on here.
I have knitted loads when my children were young. I also made some of their clothes . I have crochet bonnets helmets and shawls. I have dabbled in cross stitch which i liked and will do more of but my main craft i suppose is cakes. This was today's wedding cake.
P1040028.JPG
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 20:10 by Ma Lowe »

snowdrops

« Reply #573 on: February 08, 2014, 20:28 »
That's beautiful Ma :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #574 on: February 08, 2014, 22:11 »
they are nice , how many do you have to make
chrissie b

I only had to make 30 luckily! We are having a small wedding :)

I love the cake Ma!

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #575 on: February 08, 2014, 22:37 »
They are fabulous Rachel! :)

They look incredible  :D :D :D :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #576 on: February 08, 2014, 22:39 »
I'm making 30 night and 30 day as we type! :D

Oh no! My 20 day and 10 evening were more than enough thanks :D

My bouquet is handmade paper flowers which I can do but am very slow at so have ordered it through a fb 'business'. I am so excited about seeing them! I'm starting to plan my table settings/decorations etc now to all tie in

Now that is a lovely and everlasting idea for a bouquet :D
Can't wait to see the photos :)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #577 on: February 08, 2014, 22:42 »
Beautiful cake Ma :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #578 on: February 09, 2014, 00:01 »
Ma makes beautiful cakes!

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #579 on: February 09, 2014, 05:55 »
RJR you will always be glad you did so much yourself. We did a lot too, making invitations, flowers and cake. Though the flowers were silk not hand made. We did matching ones for the cake. It was so rewarding and not just because of money saved, but we felt we had really contributed to the day.

I did my brother's wedding cake too as he was so impressed with mine.

But I like to make cards and have loads to try to sell to other ex-pats at car boot sales. They are all different though, in all sorts of styles, as I get bored doing similar things all the time. Also decorated shortbreads go down well here, but it has been a nightmare trying to find fine icing sugar as the coarse stuff they use here just doesn't work for icing, it's only good for dusting.

My OH helps to make cards, but he hasn't the patience and would rather just stick things on and add lots of coloured peeel offs. Yet he has taught himself to paint (he has always been artistic) and is doing commissions of people's pets. So far this year he has made enough to pay for next winter's wood.

This is his latest, though not a pet, he was hand reared by a friend of our's.

The card I made for our Bulgarian neighbours' 50th wedding anniversary, they also asked me to make decorated biscuits for their bash in the village hall. The card was in Bulgarian and English.

Some of the biscuits

And Dave did a painting of a golden oriole for their golden anniversary. All cards (3) we have made and picture are pride of place in the living room.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #580 on: February 09, 2014, 07:19 »
I love the lion painting! Are the beautiful flowers on the card hand painted as well or is it a printed image you have  used? All very good though and I can see why they are pride of place :)

snowdrops

« Reply #581 on: February 09, 2014, 08:37 »
Tosca, that lion is fabulous,I love lions. The cards & biscuits are lovely too. Glad you are able to sell some as well,keeps the lion from the door :lol: :lol: I'm intrigued on the story of a hand raised lion,can you tell us more

tosca100

« Reply #582 on: February 09, 2014, 08:43 »
I love the lion painting! Are the beautiful flowers on the card hand painted as well or is it a printed image you have  used? All very good though and I can see why they are pride of place :)

I will pass your comment on the painting on to the boss. Even super critical he is pleased with it.

This card I used decoupage sheets on. It was very intricate though and only for special occasions as the time it takes is too long (And I get bored). I also put a vellum front on. People seem to like decoupage but i try to find simpler designs and jazz the card up some other way. I also use small images from my husband's paintings for cards, peel offs, ribbon, lace, textured stickers and papers, quilling, hand made paper flowers, beads, anything I can find really. I am planning on selling some at car boot sales this year and the money from them and anything else i can make, and eggs, will go into the taxes/bills pot.

Finding supplies is a challenge out here, good job I brought enough with me to keep me going for a while.

tosca100

« Reply #583 on: February 09, 2014, 08:53 »
Tosca, that lion is fabulous,I love lions. The cards & biscuits are lovely too. Glad you are able to sell some as well,keeps the lion from the door :lol: :lol: I'm intrigued on the story of a hand raised lion,can you tell us more

The lion is called Tejas, an Asiatic lion which featured in a series of evening programmes from Chester zoo in 2007, and was hand reared by his then keeper, and friend of our's, Alan Woodward, who is still involved with Tejas as he moves around Europe. Tejas even has his own facebook page, some people are obsessed!. It's all on google I think. I will be using a small image on some desperately needed man-cards, but the painting is large, I think too large for this house, Bonnie lab is not keen.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #584 on: February 09, 2014, 08:55 »
Ah yes,now you've said that I can see it is decoupage. My mum and nan make and sell their own cards as well - it makes sending them a card very tricky haha!

Can you not order supplies from online and get them delivered to where you are then? I know my mum  does that anyway as most of the good supplies she likes are American where they take scrapbooking and card making to a whole new level! When I went over several years ago I had to take an empty suitcase just so I could fill it with things she had 'ordered'  :nowink:

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 52 queries.