Are you Crafty ??

• 1154 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 13:05 »
Ooooh Casey they are lovely!

When I worked in London I started making jewellery from beads and semi precious stones, for myself and daughters, but after someone asked me at work if I sold them, I did start a little business up, but I am not that good at stringing.  I've done simple things, but I love that necklace and bracelet!  Beautiful!

I did a silversmithing course once too and made a few lovely bits, mainly earrings and bracelets.

As this thread is really about Auntie's Little girl picture, shall I start a thread in the general forum, so people can put pics of their projects on there?

It would be nice to see what everyone does with their spare time???

Casey76

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 13:06 »
I think that's a great idea Ann :)

Oliveview

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 13:55 »
I know what you mean about selling your home made stuff I had made loads of cross stitch pictures, all given for gifts- I did get some back though- when mother in law and Jim s aunties died!
I find it embarrassing to be asked how much would such and such be if you made it- well if you charged by the hour a lot!  I did once make a map of Essex in cross stitch, and sold that for the church building fund- then I was asked to make another later on, so I did and asked 10 pounds- the lady was horrified I had asked for 10 pounds- she gave me 25 pounds  :D :D
The jewellery is lovely, now that really is a craft!

Pamela

ps I have a cat pattern to make key rings now

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 14:27 »
Okay, we sometimes get treated to a photo of something someone has made, either to eat, give as gifts, sell, or just for themselves.

We have a lot of talented people on the forums, so I thought a thread asking people to put a photo on here of some of their homecrafted items, whatever it is, (as long as its not offensive to others!) would be nice.

I'll start off then with a cross stitch which I made for my daughter's 30th birthday and turned it into her birthday card by sticking a blank card to the back of the frame.  Darn, didn't realise it was fuzzy!  :(

So come on everyone, show us your stuff   :lol: :lol:
MERMAID 002.JPG
MERMAID 003.JPG
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 14:28 by GrannieAnnie »

Springlands

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 14:31 »
GA - that is a card that anyone would want to receive - much nicer and more personal than any shop bought one could ever be.  :)

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 14:36 »
Thanks Springlands, I don't do so much XS at the moment, must get my head around it soon, but I do make almost all my greetings cards.

They are usually decoupaged or something. 

When I worked in London, my boss at the time was married to a Swedish lady, and he asked if I could stitch her a Christmas Card with a Swedish Santa Claus on it.  I had one in a magazine, and he was so pleased with it he gave me 5!!!!  lol

Trillium

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 15:31 »
Very nice jewellery pieces, Casey.

Springlands

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 15:33 »
Could be a business idea - but then it would not be any fun.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 16:15 »
That's lovely GA!  :D

I can't find any pics at the moment but I used to make cloth nappies, I made most of my children's and took pride in showing off their home made cloth clad bottoms.  :lol: :lol:

My husband is very clever and made this Porsche hubcap guitar a couple of weeks ago.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 16:18 »
I did sell quite a few in those days.  One lady bought a 'cheap' half price card from Paperchase.  Look at this she said to me, it was half price, only 2.20p.

All it was, was a plain green card, with a little square on it and a tiny Christmas tree.  I told her I could have made her one cheaper than that and better.  She asked to see and I took one in that I'd just done of a red rose that I'd put on acetate, glass painted it and put it in the aperture.

Oh I want that one she said.  I told her I didn't sell them, but she kept on so I sold it to her for 1.  Then someone else came over to look and asked if I'd do one for her and I'm not one to turn down an opportunity, but I never advertised. 

This was the first thing I stitched for someone, looks so childish now when I think of the other things I've done! lol
Baby Ted's (300 x 216).jpg

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 16:19 »
Oh JaK, that's brilliant!  What an inventive man your hubby is!  :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 16:25 »
I took two photos and tried to put them on here like I did with another pic recently. Nope - can't remember how I did it. I have pixresizer, M. O. Picture Manager and PhotoStudio 5.5 and have tried them all. Bum!  ::)
I don't like bananas unless it's raining. (A quote from my great-niece).

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 16:39 »

As this thread is really about Auntie's Little girl picture, shall I start a thread in the general forum, so people can put pics of their projects on there?

It would be nice to see what everyone does with their spare time???

I did ask for others to post their projects here, Ann.

But do by all means post a topic on Chatting.  I would be very interesting and perhaps give us all some ideas for winter evenings.
Find more about Weather in Maidstone, UK

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 16:44 »
I know you did Lesley, because that's the person you are! lol  But this thread is only in the Ice Box isn't it and I thought a general one would be nice.  Already got a lovely guitar on there!!!   :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 17:04 »
A general one for all in chatting is definitely a good idea, Ann :)

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 51 queries.