Aled

Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #435 on: October 16, 2013, 10:04 »
Cracking!
Aled

catllar

« Reply #436 on: October 16, 2013, 13:26 »
Fantastic work, catllar it  makes my 9-patch quilt (in the making) look very amateurish  ;)

Don't put yourself down - you haven't seen this thing close up! I enjoyed planning it but loathed sewing it, could I get all the bits to fit properly? could I heck! 

i think any crafter should be proud of their work and we all have to start somewhere. ;)

Oliveview

« Reply #437 on: October 21, 2013, 13:51 »
I got our my cross stitch the other day to make a wedding card, I had to give up, my flipping eyes would not let me sew :mad:  I have cataracts, I just could not get the right distance to see! I used to sew on really fine linen :(  I have an appointment next month, so hopefully I will be in the system for an operation, I donīt know how bad the eyes have to be here before they operate. 

Pamela

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #438 on: October 21, 2013, 14:01 »
I resorted to a large magnifying glass clipped to my frame! Would that help you?  :)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #439 on: October 21, 2013, 14:26 »
I got our my cross stitch the other day to make a wedding card, I had to give up, my flipping eyes would not let me sew :mad:  I have cataracts, I just could not get the right distance to see! I used to sew on really fine linen :(  I have an appointment next month, so hopefully I will be in the system for an operation, I donīt know how bad the eyes have to be here before they operate. 

Pamela

They should do them for you Pamela, and going on what my gran and mum have said having had their's done this year, you'll be thrilled with the result ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #440 on: October 21, 2013, 14:44 »
Thanks for all your kind comments.  I haven't done much cross stitch for ages but really enjoyed these.  Not sure what to do with them now - I know most people won't appreciate a card or the work that's gone into them!
H :)
Eh - won't appreciate them? Then only send them to people who know you and will appreciate it. I've done cross-stitch in the past and know it takes ages to do a small one, so enjoy and send to real friends!  8)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #441 on: October 21, 2013, 21:11 »
This square (unfinished when I took the piccy) one was made to use up scraps and I use it as a throw on a garden chair.  Don't get much time for patchwork at the moment - too busy making dresses.

That is absolutely stunning.  i love the colours.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #442 on: October 21, 2013, 21:14 »
They're fab Willow :)

I never have time to cross stitch my cards - always seems to be too much else to do this time of year ::)

The trick is to make them over the Christmas holiday and on the dark winter evenings thereafter.  ;)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #443 on: October 22, 2013, 09:21 »
Thanks for all your kind comments.  I haven't done much cross stitch for ages but really enjoyed these.  Not sure what to do with them now - I know most people won't appreciate a card or the work that's gone into them!

You could always photocopy them and use the copies on cards.  That way it is still something hand crafted but not such a waste if they don't keep them.   ;)

The talent on here are endless, loving the mermaid GA, the bags are beautiful DBG, I love the butterflies joyfull you must have so much patience.  I always fancy doing patchwork catlar but have never done any since school and then it was just basic squares, yours is a really clever use of colours and patterns.  I think mine would be just a mish mash.   ::) :lol: 

If you still do the flies Aled I have some pretty bantam cockerel feathers that might be of use to you or if anyone else can make use of them in any other craft let me know.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Willow_Warren

« Reply #444 on: October 22, 2013, 10:58 »

You could always photocopy them and use the copies on cards.  That way it is still something hand crafted but not such a waste if they don't keep them.   ;)

What an excellant idea :)

I as also a bit naughty at the weekend as I felt like cheering myself up and bought a cross stitch magazine - it was a penny short of Ģ5  :blink:  so many cute things in there though...

Goosegirl

« Reply #445 on: October 22, 2013, 13:49 »
Ah - but what other pleasures could you get for a fiver that will still be useful months afterwards? Money well spent, I say. :)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #446 on: October 22, 2013, 15:08 »
Ah - but what other pleasures could you get for a fiver that will still be useful months afterwards? Money well spent, I say. :)

Yep. A fivers' worth of pick 'n' mix doesn't last more than an afternoon :blush:
And a cross stitch magazine has far less calories :lol:

Magazines are hideously expensive though aren't they? I've subscribed to WoCS so that works out much cheaper. But if you bought 2 or 3 magazines in one go that's the best part of Ģ20! :ohmy:

catllar

« Reply #447 on: October 22, 2013, 22:15 »
Photocopying the cross stitch? Brilliant idea - how sensible. My SIL is an artist and he does that with big pieces - he photocopies them down and makes cards from them too. Sells loads like that!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #448 on: October 22, 2013, 23:24 »
Mmmmm, I've seen people do that too Catllar.  Some lovely work people do!

Pleased to say Nici was overjoyed with her mermaid!   :) :)

And this is the verse I put in it!

"Oh do you remember when you couldn't wait till you were 10.
Then after that you couldn't wait until 18 To celebrate.
Then 21 became your goal, all grown up, it lifts the soul.
Then after that you want to stop, "oh nearly 30, turn back the clock"
And then you reach the BIG 40 but,  looking back gives you a glow.
Take the time, see how far you've come,
the things you've achieved,  the things you've done.
Your family you hold most dear,
your SPECIAL friends that are always there.
So don't hold back the hands of time, CELEBRATE, it's turned out fine."
IMG_3635.jpg

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #449 on: October 22, 2013, 23:34 »
Simply beautiful Ann.   ;)

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 52 queries.