Are you Crafty ??

• 1184 Replies

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2013, 11:50 »
My mum used to knit all the clowns Pamela - amazing how many people would ask her to make one for them!

Your picture does bring back memories. :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2013, 13:55 »
Here is the last cross stich I did.  It isn't finished as I have a problem with my shoulders plus eye sight isn't what it used to be.  Hopefully I will get to finish it one day.   :D
Crafty 004 (600 x 450).jpg
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

ANHBUC

« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2013, 13:57 »
Some of the jewellery I have made.
Crafty 001 (600 x 450).jpg
Crafty 002 (600 x 450).jpg
Crafty 003 (600 x 450).jpg

ANHBUC

« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2013, 14:08 »
Here are a couple of my tiaras, the cream one just needs threading with whatever hair colour the bride/bridesmaid has.   :)
Crafty 2 001 (600 x 450).jpg
Crafty 2 005 (600 x 450).jpg
Crafty 2 004 (600 x 450).jpg

Springlands

« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2013, 16:59 »
Love the jewellery ANHBUC - such a shame that you find it difficult to do the cross stitch now - I have the same problem with my knitting - after a short time the arthritis starts to pain me.

Oliveview

« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45 »
Lovely  jewellery ANHBUC.  When I took the clown into show folk and to get them to buy a number they said I was very clever, I said no, I just followed the instructions, the person who designed the pattern in the first place is the very clever person, not me!  Now your jewellery is really clever!

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2013, 10:19 »
Jewellery making is such a fun hobby AHNBUC!
Yours is very pretty.

I got bitten by the bug well and truly when the 'Stitch 'n' B*tch' girls and I went to a Christmas Craft lunch at St Mellion Golf club in Cornwall and we made stretchy bracelets!

Now I have thousands of beads and a local shop in town which displays pictures of my work among others :happy:

All my girlfriends get jewellery for birthdays now! :lol:

ANHBUC

« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2013, 10:23 »
Not really Pamela, it was a case of "How much" when we were buying for our eldest daughters Wedding.  Then it was "I could make that for a fraction of the price".  I got one of those looks off her and knew she had major doubts so I said if she didn't like what I made that was all right. 

I spent loads of time as a youngster fixing my Grandmothers jewellery so have always had an interest.  They are handy to have for presents and I have given quite a few for to friends for raffles for Air Ambulance and local Hospices.

I have considered contacting local Bridal shops DBG but I can only do them when health allows.  Alright if someones Wedding was for next year but not for next month.   ::) 

sowitgrowit

• Experienced Member
  • Allotmenaut
    • Money saving, grow your own-ing blog
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2013, 11:55 »
I can't claim any of these, they belong to my better half, but thought I would show a few off:

She has a website where she uploads photos of what she's making.  None of it is for sale, so hopefully the link is allowed as non-spam?

She doesn't know I'm showing anything off on here but I will point her in the direction of the topic. She loves stuff like this  :)

Pot holders/table protectors for casserole dishes and the like:

And a summer dress for our daughter (nearly 2):

Live like a peasant,
eat like a king!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2013, 13:11 »
Awww all very pretty stuff!

I used to make semi precious stones jewellery.  Started making them for me, then the girls at work admired them and said can we have some, and I sold loads.  the company let me borrow a meeting room once to spread all my stuff out, and I made over £200 in 2 hours!

But my jewellery making stuff had been hanging around here for several years, so 2 years ago I gave it to a lady in the village for her daughter who was mad on making things, but at the time they were hard up and couldn't afford to get her much.

It was no good trying to sell the bits as they go for peanuts on things like Ebay, but there must have been a good £500 of stuff there.  Hope she made good use of it!

I'm still plodding on with my mermaid for my Nici's 40th in October, but its on 16 count as I can't manage 32 count now, and its taking AGES!

Oliveview

« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2013, 13:42 »
Sowitgrowit, your wife´s  ´stuff´ is great!  The pan holders are too pretty to use!

Pamela

sowitgrowit

• Experienced Member
  • Allotmenaut
    • Money saving, grow your own-ing blog
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2013, 14:40 »
Sowitgrowit, your wife´s  ´stuff´ is great!  The pan holders are too pretty to use!

Pamela

Thanks, I will pass that on  :)

She's actually my wife-to-be, and on a related note, whilst I'm showing off on her behalf, this will be her bouquet (almost finished, made from sheet music):

She's rather talented.

Willow_Warren

« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2013, 16:14 »
She certainly is  tallanted, that boquet looks amazing!!

Hannah :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2013, 16:16 »
Oh yes indeedy, that bouquet IS amazing!  And she will be able to keep it forever!

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2013, 16:28 »
That bouquet is fantastic! Very talented indeed

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 52 queries.