Are you Crafty ??

• 1184 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #240 on: November 20, 2012, 21:55 »
Lovely bag Spana, wish I could stitch so neatly!

And loved your little story Pamela!

shoozie

• Winner - Best Sunflower photo, 2014
« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2012, 22:15 »
Spana - are you taking orders - very nice  :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2012, 23:50 »
That is beautiful; I love your fabric choices  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Thrift

« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2012, 09:28 »
Brilliant Spana ...... I have so many remnants, it's a pity you don't live nearer.  :D

sarajane

« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2012, 12:52 »
don't know whether this will show but promised photo of the old quilting  I have.  Its about 10 foot long by 5 wide and we reckon on it having over 2000 pieces.  There is still the paper in the back of all the pieces, one dating back to 1921.
PB210001.JPG
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:54 by sarajane »

sarajane

« Reply #245 on: November 21, 2012, 13:02 »
A couple more photos
PB210002.JPG

sarajane

« Reply #246 on: November 21, 2012, 13:03 »
and another (don't seem to be able to post more than 1 at a time)
PB210003.JPG

chrissie B

« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2012, 15:15 »
theres some very clever people on here , ive just started 2 of the graqndaughters on a little cross stitch they love it  although yu dont get much else done  ha ha
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Mrs Bee

« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2012, 19:55 »
theres some very clever people on here , ive just started 2 of the graqndaughters on a little cross stitch they love it  although yu dont get much else done  ha ha
chrissie b

At least you are only doing it with 2. And it is a lovely thing to pass on.

I used to do it singlehanded with 30 in the class.   How I managed not to use foul and abusive language when unpicking and sorting out muddles I don't know.  :wacko:I was obviously a total professional.

snowdrops

« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2012, 20:53 »
chrissie b

At least you are only doing it with 2. And it is a lovely thing to pass on.

I used to do it singlehanded with 30 in the class.   How I managed not to use foul and abusive language when unpicking and sorting out muddles I don't know.  :wacko:I was obviously a total professional.

Ha ha very funny Mrs Ball  (said as if I was the little boy in the Indiana Jones film)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Oliveview

« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2012, 09:56 »
Sarajane, that is beautiful,  such a lot of time and effort gone into it.  Who made the quilt?

Pamela

sarajane

« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2012, 11:22 »
We haven't got a clue. It was found amongst Aunty Gertys belongings when she died in her late 80's, 25 years ago.  We think it must have been passed down to her as bless her she was not a seamstress.

It is still an unfinished project as the ends have not been finished and I haven't a clue what to do with it.  It certainly cannot be washed, it would take weeks to remove all the tacking that is still in every individual piece.

I'm thinking of asking  the museum in Chester or Liverpool if they want it as it is such a shame for it to be wrapped up in the wardrobe.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2012, 11:25 »
In some old quilts they left the paper in for extra insulation - I had one like that when I was little  ;)

Springlands

« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2012, 14:28 »
We haven't got a clue. It was found amongst Aunty Gertys belongings when she died in her late 80's, 25 years ago.  We think it must have been passed down to her as bless her she was not a seamstress.

It is still an unfinished project as the ends have not been finished and I haven't a clue what to do with it.  It certainly cannot be washed, it would take weeks to remove all the tacking that is still in every individual piece.

I'm thinking of asking  the museum in Chester or Liverpool if they want it as it is such a shame for it to be wrapped up in the wardrobe.

There might be a craft or quilting club near you who would be interested in completing the project.

snowdrops

« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2012, 21:25 »
I've an old quilt that my great Grandmother made & that's done on an old grey blanket,the patchwork material is all scraps of old clothes etc. I used to use it as a play blanket for the children when they were little. It's all cleaned & put away now. It wouldn't stand another wash. It must be over 100 years old.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 53 queries.