Are you Crafty ??

• 1184 Replies

Spana

Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #225 on: October 22, 2012, 13:06 »
I'm not really a suit case sort of person . ::) I've bought a couple of hold-all type bags from charity shops in the past but you have to have what they have for sale.

So as I'm going away for a few days next week I've spent the last couple of days making myself a set of bags from curtain off cuts from my remnant box. :happy:

My favourite is the one on the left.  Its a sort of Gladstone bag shape.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2012, 13:14 »
They look really lovely Spana, very neatly stitched!   I'm not very good at stitching.

Spana

« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2012, 13:53 »
   I'm not very good at stitching.

:D

I'm not very good a cross stitch ::) Well thats  not quite true, I'm bl***y awful at cross stitch :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2012, 18:27 »
Beautiful fabric - was it Laura Ashley?  I'd probably overfill the biggest one, although it is a lovely shape, and then struggle to carry it without a long strap too!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Oliveview

« Reply #229 on: October 22, 2012, 18:55 »
Spana the bags are lovely!!  I have pm´d you.

Here is my latest doll:

It is sold for the dog refuge castration funds  :lol:

Pamela

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #230 on: October 22, 2012, 20:21 »
Oh Pamela, another lovely dolly!

Spana, cross stitch is so easy, any idiot can do it, well me for one!   :lol:

But the stitching I have seen on here is very impressive!

Oliveview

« Reply #231 on: October 22, 2012, 20:30 »
The one ´craft´ I really really really envy is painting- not the walls but a picture, I wish I could even begin to paint a picture

Pamela

Thrift

« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2012, 13:31 »
Beautiful doll Pamela ...... and I love the bags Spana.  :)

Just a thought ...... I'm wondering if all these fantastic skills are restricted to a certain age. I do hope some of the young are learning to sew, bake and be creative. So many seem to be totally inept and therefore have to buy every little thing.

Spana

« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2012, 14:49 »
You are so right Thrift.
 But i dont think the youngsters need to make things for themselves as they can just buy whatever and everything they want so easily.
When I was young i couldn't get clothes in the shops that i wanted so I had to make my own.
Also my mum was a serious dress maker so I suppose its in my genes. :happy: My mum died when i was 7, and at 8 i was taken to hospital with a sewing machine needle through my finger where i'd been trying to make a dress. :lol:
I think the quality of the work shown here is amazing, the embroidery is wonderful and love the new doll Pamela.  :happy:
Nice to know craft skills are not completely gone.  :happy:
Keep posting the pics everyone, this is a lovely topic to browse :happy:

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2012, 11:04 »
I'm not really a suit case sort of person . ::) I've bought a couple of hold-all type bags from charity shops in the past but you have to have what they have for sale.

So as I'm going away for a few days next week I've spent the last couple of days making myself a set of bags from curtain off cuts from my remnant box. :happy:

My favourite is the one on the left.  Its a sort of Gladstone bag shape.

They are lovely Spana, the fabric is similar to my lounge curtains.  I will never look at my curtains the same again lol! ;)
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2012, 18:21 »
As the weather is lousy, thought I would start a new project. Fancied some sewing so called in at the charity shop to see if I could pick up any material to recycle. Struck lucky and found some beautiful curtains for £5. They were too good to cut up for patchwork so I have decided to revamp our kitchen chairs. Chair on the left is the old look, chair on the right my newly designed and sewn cover, removable for washing. Pretty pleased with myself.Only 5 more to do ::)
DSC02373.JPG
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2012, 22:44 »
Ooooh that's very bright and cheery Mossy!  Lovely!

sarajane

« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2012, 00:13 »
Lovely Mossy. A bargain find, a few hours work and 6 new chairs. I find charity shops wonderful for fabrics and I pick up losts of oddments of wool for projects.

Spana

« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2012, 20:41 »
I've taken a pattern from my favourite cross-body carpet bag and made it up in another remnant left over from curtains. :)
 I'm really getting hooked on bag making and its clearing out all the bits of fabric that i've kept, which are not really big enough to make much else with.

I used a magnetic snap fastener for the first time.  Must confess i was nervous about fitting it but it was really easy. I did find the bag more difficult to put together with the lining than i thought it would be but dont think its turned out  too bad for very little cost. :happy:

Oliveview

« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2012, 21:34 »
Very good Spana, well done!  JUst don´t stand next to the curtains when you use the bag  :lol:  Reminds me of a lady I used to know, she made some curtains for the daughters bedroom, had so much material left over that she made them all PE bags of the same material- and much to the 3 childrens annoyance she made them dresses and trousers (for the son)  they said it was bad enough having clothes the same as the school PE bags, but they were really upset in having clothes the same as the bedroom curtains!

PAmela

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 52 queries.