Are you Crafty ??

• 1184 Replies

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2012, 11:31 »
Hi everyone, sorry haven't been on here much lately, been a bit sidetracked with other things. This is my latest patchwork which I finished on Sunday.

Nice to see so many people being creative.
DSC02360.JPG
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2012, 13:40 »
Oh Mosslane, that is lovely!   Yes, I'm pleased I started this thread, we seem to have got a few people starting up their crafting again too!!   :) :)

Oliveview

« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2012, 14:15 »
That is lovely Mosslane-  it would not last 5 min here that clean- Mili and Miki would be using it as their bed  :ohmy:

Pamela

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2012, 19:02 »
Wonderful and love the colours  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2012, 21:28 »
That's lovely Mosslane.  Made to measure :D

sarajane

« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2012, 23:19 »
Oh my gosh  -  just found this thread and spent 20 minutes or so admiring all your work.  How crafty and diverse are all of you?  -  also you all garden as well   :)

I re-took up crotcheting a couple of years ago.  I can't really follow a pattern to save my life but make lots of different granny squares to turn into blankets.  I've been suffering from anxiety/depression?stress  the last few months for the first time ever and have found it soooo theraputic.

I'll have to go around my family and take photos of the blankets I have done and post here (nothing like the professional items you have all produced though).

For all of you who do patchwork, I have an inherited project which is about 80 years old and don't have a clue what to do with it.  Will try and post photos in the next couple of days.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2012, 23:40 »
Hi Sarahjane, we'll look forward to your photo's. 

I am crocheting a shawl for a good friend's first grandchild at the moment.  I get lost with intricate patterns, but the pattern for this is so easy.  The shawl is nearly 4 ft long, but once I'm into the pattern, I just check the first few stitches on each row, then I can do the rest of the row without looking at the pattern again.

I can't hold the hook properly though.  I have to hold it like I do a knitting needle, but it works okay for me.

Growster...

« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2012, 06:25 »
Whoops, Timón isn´t stuffed!

The correct photo!

Pamela

Oops I did wonder :lol: Doll is lovely but then again so is Timon :D

That's Florence and the machine to a tee...

Marvellous!

iWOyfLBYtuU

Thrift

« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2012, 13:29 »
I don't know if either of these efforts qualify but both are 'hand made'.  :D

DSCF1316.JPG
DSCF1360.JPG

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2012, 16:08 »
Perhaps I shouldn't have called this thread 'Crafty' lol, but if I'd said homemade or handmade, it may have got taken over by cakes and loaves of bread!   :lol: :lol:

But your items are lovely too Thrift.  Very clever.  I am hopeless at painting, and can't even draw a straight lone, let alone stitch one!!   ;) ;)

Oliveview

« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2012, 18:34 »
I would lve to be able to paint, your horse is fantastic  :D

Pamela

VegGirl7

• Experienced Member
    • allotmentforaginghomebrewadventures
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2012, 18:35 »
, I'm pleased I started this thread, we seem to have got a few people starting up their crafting again too!!   :) :)

I'm pleased you started it too - lovely to see all the beautiful things people have made!  Everyone is so talented!

...and it's made me think about getting the patchwork quilt out that I started 6 years+ ago and have never finished  :nowink:  :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2012, 21:27 »
I think "Teddy's scarf" (my one and only attempt at learning to knit) that I started 35 years ago is probably beyond redemption these days ...  ::) :lol:

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2012, 21:36 »
, I'm pleased I started this thread, we seem to have got a few people starting up their crafting again too!!   :) :)

I'm pleased you started it too - lovely to see all the beautiful things people have made!  Everyone is so talented!

...and it's made me think about getting the patchwork quilt out that I started 6 years+ ago and have never finished  :nowink:  :D

See! You're another one!!!   ;) ;)  well come on then, get that patchwork out!!   :D

yaxley

« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2012, 21:50 »
Well i,ve been through the 12 pages of members crafts and all i can say is WOW some beautiful items on here my wife especially liked the dollies not only are you good gardeners and allotment owners but are really crafty people as well ...I have made a carved walking stick for my OH and as soon as i can get pictures taken of it i will post on here ...
Grow organic as nature intended

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 52 queries.