blueberry bush problems

• 2 Replies

dankay123

blueberry bush problems
« on: August 15, 2012, 14:32 »
i have rescued a 3 year old blueberry bush from an overgrown plot on our allotment site. the new plot owner was digging it up to throw it so he kindly gave it to me. i know it shouldnt of been oved til hibernation but i didnt have a choice. i replanted the bush with plenty of ericaecious compost around the roots but it has had a sulk on for the past week. leaves are all hanging down and being very moody. i have been watering with 7-10 litres of water in the evening but this morning whe leaves are half green and half brown. i know they change red for autumn but this doesnt look the same as i have 5 more new bushes i planted earlier this month. could  i prune the bush early or would this kill it. i am a beginner by the way so relying on the internet and forums for advice. hope somone can help!

Wellpotty1

Re: blueberry bush problems
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 14:52 »
Hi, I have 2 blueberry bushes in containers in the backgarden that are also about 3yrs old. They have just fruited and the leaves have gone a bit brownish in the last couple of weeks. It may be that the plant you mention is getting too much water or that it needs more acidic matter, I tend to put the dry Christmas tree foliage around mine and try to water with rain water as much as possible.
Kiwifruit

Trillium

Re: blueberry bush problems
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 14:56 »
I wouldn't prune it at this time of year as it's too close to winter dormancy and bugs or diseases could become a problem. When moved, an established bush will take a while to recover and leaf drop and discolouration are part of the process. As long as the branches/twigs are still green, the plant is coping. Just keep watering and replenish some of the acidity that the watering is flushing away with evergreen needles and such.

xx
Blueberry bush

Started by MoreWhisky on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 09, 2009, 21:13
by Yorkie
xx
blueberry bush

Started by jon_mac on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 09, 2009, 14:17
by karooba007
xx
Blueberry bush??

Started by casper on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 31, 2013, 05:56
by parsley
xx
Blueberry bush

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 21, 2024, 10:26
by Snow

Page created in 0.758 seconds with 36 queries.