Best garlic yet

• 6 Replies

shokkyy

• Mishka
Best garlic yet
« on: August 11, 2012, 21:23 »
I lifted the last variety of garlics today, and these are the best yet. I thought my Marco and Iberian Wights were quite nice, but the latest ones are Thermidrome and they're the best garlic I've ever grown. Every single bulb is big and perfectly formed, and they were grown in exactly the same place under exactly the same conditions as the others. I'll have to be really careful to make sure these are well dried and stored, because I don't want to lose any of them. They smell really nice and tangy too.

Maybe I'll use the Marco and Iberian Wight for cooking and just keep the Thermidrome for looking at and replanting :)

LilacSandy

Re: Best garlic yet
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 21:33 »
Hi Shokkyy,

I keep all my best garlic for replanting and this year have had over 100 good sized bulbs and this would have cost me a small fortune if I had to buy the bulbs to plant.  I love garlic and the flavor it imparts to most of our dishes, and at this time of the year using 'wet' garlic must be up there with the greatest culinary tastes.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:34 »
Maybe I'll use the Marco and Iberian Wight for cooking and just keep the Thermidrome for looking at and replanting :)

Nothing like a nice gloat over a lovely crop  :)  Sounds like you have had a fantastic result - well done  :D

mobilekat

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 08:59 »
I am very jealous!
My garlic has been a bit of a disappointment this year, but I have still enjoyed the delights of a 'Wet Garlic Risotto'- you do need to really love garlic, but oh my it was good!

Fingers crossed for many a good meal from your garlic!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 09:20 »
My Early Purple Wight are the best, the Solents are a bit small but I did plant them late.  I eat all my garlic and plant from fresh every year as I like to try different ones  :)

chrisnchris

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 10:29 »
I lifted mine yesterday, my first effort & I am pleased with the result. One clove fell off a bulb so I tried a small piece about the size of half a pea....man alive, that was hot & I'm used to eating bird's eye & habanero chillies so I know what hot is !!  :ohmy:

I shall be using it very sparingly indeed  :)

Amilo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 11:56 »
I lifted the last variety of garlics today, and these are the best yet. I thought my Marco and Iberian Wights were quite nice, but the latest ones are Thermidrome and they're the best garlic I've ever grown. Every single bulb is big and perfectly formed, and they were grown in exactly the same place under exactly the same conditions as the others. I'll have to be really careful to make sure these are well dried and stored, because I don't want to lose any of them. They smell really nice and tangy too.

Can you report on the taste, I know its a personal thing, but I am always interested in improving my selection.

clip
Elephant garlic or ordinary garlic

Started by cc on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 14, 2022, 13:46
by cc
xx
When is Garlic ready to be used as Green Garlic?

Started by Headgardener22 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post April 01, 2012, 12:55
by arugula
xx
Elephant Garlic / Garlic

Started by dapper on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 28, 2009, 08:25
by dapper
xx
Garlic ? ? ?

Started by Potiron on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post April 21, 2008, 18:09
by jazzbyrd

Page created in 0.462 seconds with 37 queries.