Cockadoodle but no doo

• 6 Replies

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
Cockadoodle but no doo
« on: August 06, 2012, 13:04 »
I have a 15week ish old light sussex cockerel and hes started crowing the last 3 weeks but it appears to be two thirds of a crow and missing the end bit. Will he get the hang of this eventually or does he have difficulty understanding the language?  ::)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Cockadoodle but no doo
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 13:22 »
all cockerels crows are different and like your boy many don't do the full crow.
Staffies are softer than you think.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 13:22 »
He needs a bit more practise, but he'll manage it over the next few weeks!

yacks

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 13:26 »
When I had my two boys they crowed backwards ... Was funny to hear

PaulineM

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 14:04 »
I wonder how many people reading the last comment have been sitting doing Doo-Doddle-Cocka  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 14:21 »
My 2 light sussex bantam cockerel have started to crow and missed the doo off until they got the hang of it.  Now one does a lovely crow but the other sounds as if he smokes 50 a day.   ::) :lol:

A neighbour called round yesterday and we thought it was to complain but no she loves the crowing!  I have been bringing them indoors at night though and letting them out at a reasonable hour.  I didn't know that birds could be so smelly.   :ohmy:  They are on borrowed time at the moment but blissfully unaware and enjoying strutting their stuff and wooing the ladies.   :blush:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 13:46 »
Thanks for the replies :tongue2: He had a good ol practise yesterday, we spoke with the neighbours who said they didnt mind the noise and thought it was a nice country noise. The maran cockerel still hasnt crowed and is the same age as the sussex so maybe he'll turn out quiet.

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 37 queries.