Surprise call

• 4 Replies

snow white

Surprise call
« on: July 24, 2012, 15:35 »
So imagine my surprise this morning when my light sussex hen crowed the morning awake!  A soft crow but a crow none the less.  Anybody want a cockerel 18 weeks old who pretended to be a hen to come and live with me.  Now left with two hens.  Deciding whether I should leave it at two or introduce a couple more hens later on in the summer. Hmmm... :lol:

Kate and her Ducks

Re: Surprise call
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 19:23 »
If you do won't to try and find a new home for your cockerel best to post in the Swap Shop. If you like this post can be moved for you. :D
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 19:31 »
Some hens do crow or at least attempt a version of it.  I have an elderly Vorwark bantam that does  ::)

Put a pic on here and see what people think.  You may be lucky  :) If she does turn out to be a he, the breeder should take him back for you and refund your money or at the least, offer you a hen as a swap.  If not, Kate is right, the swap shop is the best place to try for a new home.

snow white

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 20:24 »
I checked the saddle feathers and there was definatley pointy feathers there.  Have given him to a farmer who  breeds chickens so he has lots of ladies to woo.  Couldn't take him back.  It would of cost as much to take him back as a refund as I drove for over an hour to get him.  My two remaining girls are very quiet and laid back without being constantly chased by Cyril.  Think I will stick to two for the time being. :wub:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:37 »
Glad you found a good home for him snow white.  My 2 male bantam light sussex started crowing this last week and they are only 14 to 15 weeks old.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Surprise, surprise

Started by Springlands on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post December 13, 2012, 19:49
by tosca100
grin
what a surprise

Started by joyfull on Chicken Chat

18 Replies
Last post May 17, 2010, 09:29
by joyfull
xx
Surprise!

Started by LittleRedHen on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post December 28, 2011, 18:10
by alaj
xx
nice surprise today

Started by wildwitchy on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post April 10, 2011, 20:09
by wildwitchy

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 40 queries.