1st Class Protection

• 3 Replies

SMIFFY

1st Class Protection
« on: November 12, 2007, 08:45 »
I had to smile this morning. I went to let my "girls" out with my German Shepherd in tow as usual. I let him in their run as he likes to say good morning to them(he just stands in front of their door wagging his tail as they all come out). Well, I was doing my usual clean up and topping up their feeders, when I heard 1 of my chooks cry out their alert call. I quicky turned around to see what was going on. I couldn't see what the problem was, as usual, my dog "Beau" was lying just outside the coop, but the chooks had all ran to hide under the hedges. All of a sudden, Beau got up in a flash, and bounded towards our fence at about 100mph, barking like he had been taken over by the devil :evil: . As I looked at our fence, a Sparrow Hawk flew off rather rapidly.
Once he had decided the coast was clear, Beau walked over to the hedges and just stood their wagging his tail,  looking very pleased with himself.
Almost immediately, "his girls" started to come out from their hiding place, and got back to their scratching etc.
Beau is a huge dog(he weighs just over 9st) so I think I must have the best protected hens in the country.

hermon

1st Class Protection
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:36 »
bless him!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
1st Class Protection
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 16:09 »
:D

Jellyhead

1st Class Protection
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 17:51 »
Arrrrrr, give him a huggle from FC :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

question
what would you class as 'fox proof' wire?

Started by joolie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 14, 2009, 21:21
by joolie

Page created in 0.491 seconds with 36 queries.