I will keep you updated as the saga continues.... :roll:

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
knickers in a knot!
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 09:40 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
Quote from: "littlemisssunshine"
I wish I had your guts Munty

have you got kids,if so how would you react if they attacked ur kids .........and believe it or not  i can be diplomatic when needed ... i dont argue without knowing i am in the right frame of mind......................

then i kill them :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

do u use the 'Five-Point-Palm Exploding Heart Technique'  :lol:  :tongue2:

muntjac

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 09:46 »
Quote from: "Rampant_Weasel"
Quote from: "muntjac"
I wish I had your guts Munty

have you got kids,if so how would you react if they attacked ur kids .........and believe it or not  i can be diplomatic when needed ... i dont argue without knowing i am in the right frame of mind......................

then i kill them :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

do u use the 'Five-Point-Palm Exploding Heart Technique'  :lol:  :tongue2:

no im more the rabbit punch to the carotid artery man myself  or on very specail occasions the 1/16th oz of semtex up the axis ....." werks for me "
still alive /............

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
knickers in a knot!
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 10:01 »
lol

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 18:05 »
Decided to be assertive Munty.  I fortunately took photos before I started.  I am hoping they show the post line I used to judge the boundary of my plot (waiting for my other half to finish with his laptop so I can check).  My mum (very diplomatic) has offered to go to the inspection on Friday and state my case.

They may even show the rubbish.

I hope my plan works....

muntjac

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 18:13 »
Decided to be assertive Munty.  I fortunately took photos before I started.  I am hoping they show the post line I used to judge the boundary of my plot (waiting for my other half to finish with his laptop so I can check).  My mum (very diplomatic) has offered to go to the inspection on Friday and state my case.

They may even show the rubbish.

I hope my plan works....

good on ya ,now dress mom in a mutant ninja turtle outfit.teach her a few high kicks n a windmill arm rotation n ur gonna see them run fer poppa ..... :evil:   KICK ASS LADY   :twisted:

Garden Gnome

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 07:15 »
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, how did it go???

Are you the proud owner of the plot with the same boundaries that you thought you had?

Are your neighbours currently packing their allotment bags and looking for a new life of unpleasant behaviour on an allotment waiting list elsewhere??

Do tell!

Rob the rake

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 11:41 »
They can be a bit parochial in Moorsholm, sunshine. If you've only moved in recently it might be half a lifetime before you're accepted!
Once your plot's in good nick you can start complaining about THEM,and you should.  :twisted:

Best of luck,
Rob :D
A calloused palm and dirty fingernails precede a Green Thumb.

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 22:11 »
Hahaha Rob, you clearly know the village well!  

As it happens the PC lady postponed until Monday.  The photos I had are great and show both the rubbish on his plot and the posts I followed as a boundary line.

I printed out the picture and dropped it off to the PC lady.  She assured me on the phone the day before that nothing will happen and reassured me not to worry.

As it happens the woman rang to complain AGAIN on Thursday.

Will let you know if I hear anything on Monday.

Thanks for ALL the support.

Where abouts in Saltburn are you Rob? Have a few friends there.  Do you know anyone in sunny Moorsholm??

Selkie

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 22:16 »
hope it goes well for you on monday :D at least it sounds like the PC lady is relatively impartial.

good luck and keep us updated, will you be there on monday when she comes round to have a look?

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 22:17 »
Am afraid not, I work full time.  My mum was happy to go to show her how we came to do what we did but the PC lady said there was no need.

Here's hoping she rings me on Monday.

Rob the rake

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 01:51 »
Sunshine,
We live on the seafront, Marine Parade. I went to school in Loftus, so I had friends from Moorsholm who were in the same year. I've lost touch with them all over the years, I can't even remember any names - must be the Alzheimers....

Rob :D

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 19:12 »
Was it Rosecroft by any chance?!  I do hope it is not of your friends who are moaning about me!!  

Small world....I am getting scared now!   :shock:  

Perhaps we should share notes over the coming months, I am new to this and need all the help I can get.

:)

Rob the rake

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2007, 01:37 »
'Fraid it was! I was there from '73-'78.
Ask away, I'm a mine of useless info!

Rob.

Oscar Too

Re: Why is there always one ...
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 15:32 »
Quote from: "wellingtons"
... one every site who feels the need to give new people jip?

Sunshine, you handled it brilliantly.  You explained yourself, offered to rectify things if you had overstepped the boundary.

Second that.  Well done.  Don't lose your rag or do anything beneath you, chances are the PC knows all about them anyway and what they are like.

My next door neighbour is an old goat who has tried to make my life miserable and even to get the other plotholders to ignore me.  But he's finally given up because I just carry on.  He says I don't belong there, and I don't fit.  The other old boys he was trying to get on side all think I'm slightly barmy I know, but they like the fact that I'm different.  They laugh at me, but it's all good natured.  And when my greenhouse was stolen, and my pears pinched all of them rallied round.

We get a bit of that on our site.  There's plenty of the old school (male, working-class bigots) who are dying to see the newcomers fail.  I keep smiling and saying hello to them, and then ignoring them.  Really they should welcome us as we keep the site going - without newcomers it would empty out and then be sold off for flats.  But that's life - the nasty ones help you to appreciate the nice ones, and we very quickly worked out who we wanted to invite for a cup of tea.

clip
What should I do about burr knot

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post September 21, 2017, 12:05
by Grubbypaws
xx
big problem (knot weed)

Started by catweazle on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 17:45
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.906 seconds with 36 queries.