nowt as queer has folk  :roll:  :x
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

muntjac

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 20:56 »
Quote from: "littlemisssunshine"
No boundaries were shown to me.  I get the impression the plots are not inspected often as there are a few derelict ones.

Nosey-bonk did say I should have been sent a diagram but I wasn't.  

I am sure it will get sorted out. Am rethinking moving the rubbish mind you... :shock:

put the blooming stuff back , n tell them the marines teld ya to lmao.. oh n the army ,, the raf .. n oh sod it .everybody  :lol:
still alive /............

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 21:04 »
Excellent idea Munty. Take no prisoners (machine gun fire).

I could always set my bottom set Geography class onto them, they're always looking for a fight.  Especially if I lie and say he confiscated their mobile/iPod.  That'll get them so mad they'll turn green and split their shirts! haha

I swear they could even beat the marines... :lol:

Selkie

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 21:10 »
don't let them grind you down girl

Motivator

• Experienced Member
    • http://Napit.co.uk
knickers in a knot!
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 21:38 »
You cant be doing with that. Perhaps they would like to sort their own plot
 out  before causing trouble for you .
Digging ,Growing ,& the sport of kings.

Calou

• Experienced Member
knickers in a knot!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 21:46 »
SUNSHINE, I know what I'd do with their rubbish and it wouldn't be to remove it for them!!  :twisted:  I'd take photos of their muckheap to and write a lovely little letter to your local paper (enclosing the photo) saying how sad it is that people take on plots and let them get like this!  :evil:  :evil: I wonder if they would have done the same if you were male standing 6"4.
Calou
Reasonably organic but totally realistic

Duggie

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 09:48 »
Don't let the bullies spoil all your hard work and effort. Be positive and seek out your parish council lady to explain your concerns. I hope she is supportive.

People who make no attempt to work their plots really wind me up! I realise that all cases are different and there are some genuine reasons why a plot has been left to temporarily grow wild but there are still a few plots on our site that do not fall into these catagories. I had to wait nearly 2 years for my plot. During this time I would often take a Sunday afternoon walk around the site and noticed that at least 5 plots were wild with weeds and brambles. The plot next to mine belongs to a chap who we have never seen! Apparently last year he was contacted about the neglect. With much huffing and puffing he arrived with a 3 ft x 3 ft piece of black plastic to lay down and planted a row of sunflowers. That was it for the rest of the season! Apparently he has renewed his lease for another year but still hasn't put in an appearance. With a waiting list of approx. 30 on our site it seems such a shame.
Where's the Radox?!!

wellingtons

Why is there always one ...
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 10:40 »
... one every site who feels the need to give new people jip?

Sunshine, you handled it brilliantly.  You explained yourself, offered to rectify things if you had overstepped the boundary.

Find out the facts for yourself and react accordingly, but just remember you are never going to please the bugrits anyway anyhow so you might as well just do what you want ...  :lol:

My next door neighbour is an old goat who has tried to make my life miserable and even to get the other plotholders to ignore me.  But he's finally given up because I just carry on.  He says I don't belong there, and I don't fit.  The other old boys he was trying to get on side all think I'm slightly barmy I know, but they like the fact that I'm different.  They laugh at me, but it's all good natured.  And when my greenhouse was stolen, and my pears pinched all of them rallied round.

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 12:23 »
I am trying to get through to the PC but keep getting the answerphone.  It sounds as though you have a nightmare Wellingtons.

I will keep trying and hope it fades away once our boundaries are confirmed.  The others on the plot seem fine with my efforts.

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
knickers in a knot!
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 14:41 »
wouldnt` suprise me if chauvinism was the reason behind it all, disgusting imo, but thats men for u :tongue2:

leeky

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 23:36 »
Winds me up hearing about these busy bodies giving jip to new plotholders.

I had a slight problem with a coot in the house next to the allotment. Reckons I destroyed his hedge when i was clearing. I did nothing of the sort, he got the Clerk down, took pics etc etc.  Turns out he is a well known trouble maker for folk at the plots. I ended up telling him a few very naughty words indeed  :wink:  and not to talk to me ever again.

Different thing I know, but what I am trying to say is dont let anyone give you lip or attitude, and point out how ridiculously they are behaving.

(Also keep annoying them by chucking your stones on their plot  :lol:  )

joke honest!

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 20:55 »
Update!!!

Wife of nosey-bonk rang PC lady to complain first thing Monday morning!  So the lPC ady is visiting my plot on Friday to assess the situation.

Unfortunately I am at work so cannot answer any questions or state my case to her face to face. No doubt they will be there.

However she did say she would get back to me if I need to move my fence.  She also said they would clear the rubbish (and mine) so that was positive.

Will let you know the outcome on Friday..... :wink:

muntjac

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 20:57 »
ask her to meet you on the weekend and discuss it with her then dont let the tossers get a cse against y without fighting your corner ,tell her about the abuse etc .... nail the sob's  :lol:

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 21:11 »
I wish I had your guts Munty, good idea but I think she only works Mon-Fri. I could ask my Dad to go up.  He is about as diplomatic as Mugabi so should be funny if nothing else!

I can't help chewing over it...but what will be will be. I just don't like being talked about, I prefer to potter through my life in the background not really being noticed!

A few neighbours have been telling me what a nightmare he is.  I do have one card up my sleave.  Apparently he rents the wild plot for his daughter who 'has a house in our village' but nobody knows where.

Wouldn't it be ironic if I actually get them thrown off! hahaha

muntjac

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 21:15 »
Quote from: "littlemisssunshine"
I wish I had your guts Munty

have you got kids,if so how would you react if they attacked ur kids .........and believe it or not  i can be diplomatic when needed ... i dont argue without knowing i am in the right frame of mind......................

then i kill them :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

clip
What should I do about burr knot

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post September 21, 2017, 12:05
by Grubbypaws
xx
big problem (knot weed)

Started by catweazle on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 17:45
by Yorkie

Page created in 1.047 seconds with 36 queries.