Courgette party: All slugs invited. Bring a friend. No snails.

• 22 Replies

Grubbypaws

There must have been one hell of a party here last night; I found them all crashed out under the grapefruit halves.

I have helped them into a nice warm plastic bag and posted them back in the special snailpost wheely bin  :lol:

Thrift

Mine would love to come but are too busy training for the 'All Ireland Slime Olympics'.  8)

Goosegirl

Some of mine must be on steriods as I have never seen such big'uns in all my life, as I found out today when I went to put a road cone on the verge as a precaution to traffic as I was strimming it, and underneath, having a snooze, was a MONSTER!!!  ??? :blink: :ohmy: :wacko:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kim50

'2 days ago I organised a party in a plastic bag put next to my squash on the compost.  I gave them some lettuce and blue pellets to nibble on and a brick inside to keep the bag open.  They must have enjoyed it cos there were about 40 of them inside and for some reason they don't want to leave    '

gonna try this idea  :) :) :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Its Thursday!  

Anyone heard how the bash at Japagows is going ?  My slugs sent a text to say they had arrived and found a great B&B - has hot and cold running slime and a living salad pack in every room  ;)

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
Hello Japagow! I'd need waders for a party on my plot - how's the vibe down there?
Surbie

spuriousmonkey

• tomatosilo
Apparently I am a really bad party host. I have yet to see a snail or slug party on my allotment, other than a sighting of a solitary slug underneath an old piece of wood. There must be some, but apparently my site is not a very inviting party environment. Nor do I seem to have ever any after party damage.

I am the luckiest man on this world apparently.

Grubbypaws

Re: Courgette party: All slugs invited. Bring a friend. No snails.
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 17:03 »
Demand for Nemaslug has been so great during the last couple of months that we have sold out.

"The unprecedented demand for Nemaslug during recent wet weather has exceeded all of our expectations" explains Dr Graeme Gowling, Becker Underwood's general manager for the UK and Europe.

Becker Underwood's plant at Littlehampton is the world's largest nematode production facility and at the moment is working at full capacity. Unlike chemicals, nematode products cannot be stockpiled and left in a warehouse from one year to the next, so it is a fine balancing act to produce the right quantity of each nematode product each year.

"It takes from 8 to 12 weeks to produce Nemaslug, so we can't just flick a switch and produce more overnight," explains Dr Gowling. "We are sorry to have to disappoint customers who want to order Nemaslug. Unfortunately, the incredibly high level of slug pest pressure has caught us out."

My slugs will definitely be celebrating this weekend

quote taken from http://nemasysinfo.co.uk/order.shtml
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 17:30 by mumofstig »

xx
Slugs and snails.

Started by Eugene on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 13, 2009, 19:05
by Terrier
xx
HHH no 15 Slugs and snails.

Started by mkhenry on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post October 16, 2007, 08:38
by brucesgirl
xx
Slugs and snails

Started by Marijke Jones on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post January 25, 2024, 22:05
by Aunt Sally
xx
Slugs and snails

Started by Bec1 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 30, 2022, 11:40
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.483 seconds with 37 queries.