fox in my garden

• 5 Replies

cheekychick22

fox in my garden
« on: June 28, 2012, 21:58 »
i live in birmingham in a built up area, i came home from work to day t hear a comostion in the back garden my chooks and chicks were were making a big noise and my two japanesse akitas had something cornered in the garden with a lot of blood around. I ran down the garden only to see a fox with a massive bit mark on his side. obveousley my dogs done this damage, i got the dogs in and netted the fox and took it to the wildlife sanctuary as im soft like that. then i had to take the dogs to the vets to make sure that they were ok then i finally got round to check my hens and chicks. all was ok with them just very scared after lots of meal worms, cuddles and corn they have settled down. I have brought my dogs two huge bones for saving my ladies. I didnt think the dogs liked them to be honest they usually growl if they come anywhere near them. I must state the girls were in the run as they always are when im not in and the dogs are out.

grinling

Re: fox in my garden
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 22:21 »
glad they are ok.

Sassy

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56 »
Unfortunately there is a very very strong chance that when the fox is well it will be released. I have seen the welfare organisations do it in our area. They are not supposed to and deny it. It causes problems as foxes are territorial. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

cheekychick22

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 15:00 »
The fox died last night of it injuries and shock. my dogs are really on guard now wont mpve away from the coop when they are out untill bertha gives em a peck through the mesh so ungratefull lol hens are fine no eggs today though. they will settle and lay again as soon as they feel secure.

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 18:03 »
Thats great that your dogs are protective over your chickens, im hoping mine will go the same way. Sounds like an eventful evening in the cheekychick household  :D

Out of interest do you chickens free range with the dogs also? Do the dogs not get tempted?

cheekychick22

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 20:04 »
Yes sometimes they do the hens are usually riding around on there backs free ride. The dogs  are low in the pecking order lol they are more scarred of them

xx
Cat in my garden

Started by nerdle on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post July 28, 2014, 22:08
by nerdle
xx
Dog in garden

Started by Beano on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post October 18, 2012, 19:26
by Prod
xx
What have I got in my garden?

Started by woodburner on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 10:45
by woodburner
xx
Re: garden but no chickens

Started by seaweed king on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 03, 2009, 22:22
by Vember

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 36 queries.