fox

• 3 Replies

foster75

fox
« on: June 25, 2012, 19:17 »
hi all, i've just come back from holiday to find that 3 of my 4 hens have been killed by a fox. my dad has been checking on them every day but on friday when he checked them the automatic door closer had stopped working. its a chuxaway, they are a nightmare nothing but trouble. i blame my self for keep on using it. anyway one of the hens a pekin is broody so was left untouched. the wife is not keen on getting anymore but i could twist her arm and get one more. i've found someone local selling 9 week old pekins for sale would it be too young to go in with the broody pekin?

thanks
david

henamoured

• Experienced Member
Re: fox
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 20:52 »
I've had a 10 week old in with 4 POL and she's fine. She is bottom of the hierarchy but I've put 3 different food/water sites in so she isn't denied access. She's 14 weeks now and so far all is well.

grinling

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 22:01 »
Sorry tohear about your loss, how did the fox get in because it will return.

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:16 »
Sorry to hear that, how awful for you to come back to that  :(
Maybe if you get some more chicks change your door opener, we have one that works like a dream, no more early get ups to let them out (although who am I kidding as I was still p at 5.15 letting the dogs out!)
Gained an allotment on the 19th June 08, 135ft by 40ft! eekk. Finally after 4 years it is looking like an allotment and not a jungle

We have 5 lovely hens in the garden, fish, 2 dogs and 2 canaries

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 28 queries.