Little Red Hensitter

• 4 Replies

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
Little Red Hensitter
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:51 »
Hi Everyone,

I've decided that I might have a go at offering a chicken-sitting business.  I live rurally, and it seems that chickens, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, are everywhere.  I would offer to come twice a day, feed, water, tidy up in hen house, etc.  Not sure what to charge our what legal stuff I need to get.  But I think there just might be a market for it out there.  What say you?
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

Geo

• Experienced Member
Re: Little Red Hensitter
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:21 »
It is at this time of year with the holidays only weeks away that most of us will need to put something in place. I,m in scotland so unfortunately too far away for me. Good luck

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 14:51 »
I would have a simple contract, and in it state that it is up to the owner to make sure their poultry is housed in fox-proofed accommodation. And you would need insurance, should be able to find Pet Sitting insurance on line.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 17:01 »
Those are great ideas.  I didn't think about the fox-proofing, but you are right.  I checked out the insurance and it's £20 a month but it covers all aspects of pet sitting.  I think I am going to start out locally and then move on from there.  My husband asked me what I would do if a hen got sick under my care.  All sorts of things to consider!

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 18:04 »
Used to be a pet sitter! :D

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 27 queries.