Shaking My Fist At The Weather

• 3 Replies

erainn

• Experienced Member
Shaking My Fist At The Weather
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:48 »
Last week the weather conditions that have left my plot resembling a wasteland lead me to announce my hatred of the wind, my battered plants hanging onto for dear life, now suffer torrential rainfall.As if matters were not bleak enough, having deliberately kept back from planting out purple sprouting broccoli, that were safely in a tray on a table in my garden, this morning I discovered slugs  have been munching them. I am reminded of a scene from the Simpsons, at a point of utter despair Homer places his head into a bag to release a primeval scream...arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh..phew that's better :) So what do from here? Am I too late to plant PSB seeds? Would it be worth planting French Bean seed directly into the plot as back up for the weather beaten plants which are just about surviving? You help, knowledge and shared desperation would be very welcome.

Stevens706

• Experienced Member
Re: Shaking My Fist At The Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 13:10 »
If you sow PSB now they will catch up a bit, they might be a couple of weeks later than your original sowing, remember they will be in the ground to May
Paul

simonwatson

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 14:14 »
Last year I lost all of my first sowing of PSB (due to a lack of bird protection I think). I sowed again at the end of June and we had a great crop this year.

erainn

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 16:08 »
Thanks for the advice on the PSB. The variety I have is sown in Spring and last year was beginning to flower in August/September, I guess it must be a particular type.

xx
fist time growing veg

Started by Bantymad on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post August 02, 2010, 17:52
by Bantymad
xx
bad weather.

Started by mrpotatohead on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2012, 10:19
by Yorkie
xx
Weather

Started by BostonInbred on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2010, 20:08
by Missy1970
xx
weather

Started by alancas on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 16, 2012, 12:10
by Amilo

Page created in 0.496 seconds with 28 queries.