New allotment act?

• 16 Replies

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Re: New allotment act?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 23:14 »
Thanks guys, some really good suggestions and advice in there.

I did google it and looked at various legislative pages before posting my question on here as I couldn't find it there either, but thought that you guys would know! :lol:

I'm on an association run council site.  Basically, a few years ago, tired of having responsibility for allotments, Durham County Council handed control over to Associations made up of allotmenteers and once a month the Clerk to the Parish Council was supposed to attend the monthly allotment association meetings and then report back to the Parish Council, however he wasn't interested and sent a lackey instead who, despite issues being discussed and questions for the Council raised, never reported anything!!! :ohmy:

I'll get in touch with the council tomorrow and see what I can find out.... watch this space :wink:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: New allotment act?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 17:52 »
Just to make things clear, I was only making a factual point - that there is no new Allotment Bill or Allotment Act in the pipeline, according to the public information available.  Nothing more.

I realise that  :)

I was just saying to SS that simply searching on legislation.gov.uk wouldn't necessarily reveal amendments to the law in a new Allotments Act, given the penchant of governments of late to pass massive Bills with catch-all titles and multiple Chapter headings, any of which might include a single clause relating to allotments  :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
FIrst day at allotment

Started by Moonchild on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post March 06, 2009, 16:50
by Greengirl
xx
new allotment

Started by mhshah on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post November 28, 2013, 17:41
by mikegm
xx
Allotment help!!

Started by Tattieman69 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 13, 2011, 19:32
by Chrysalis
xx
can't get an allotment :{

Started by mashbintater on Grow Your Own

40 Replies
Last post April 08, 2008, 15:44
by hickorychickory

Page created in 0.66 seconds with 36 queries.